I hope the subtitle is satisfactory.

:D
HoosierPal

Re: Brunk committed to Butler per twitter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Brunk committed to Butler per twitter

Postby muskienick » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:08 am

Not that it is a bit significant, but this is what I replied in an XU thread in mid-May that was started by a person who felt that Brunk should be a serious target for Xaxier:
"I don't pay for Scout so I couldn't get the article. However, I did do some research on other sites including some with videos. Brunk appears to need some body molding and a bit more athleticism to have me fully "buy into him." However, he did get 3+, 4, and 3 stars from various rating systems so I guess he is at least a serviceable big man at 6'10" and 230 lbs."

All that being said, I hope he helps Butler maintain its level of excellence. I further hope that the Muskies can be just a few points better each time we play the Bulldogs.
muskienick

Re: Joey Brunk commits to Butler

Postby Jet915 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:37 pm

Nice jump to #99 on Rivals.
Jet915

Postby XUFan09 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:22 am

He's one of the most skilled bigs in the class, with a game ready to go for the college level even if his body isn't quite ready. He might not have the highest ceiling, but he has a very high floor. I wish Xavier would have secured a commitment from him, as he was one of their prioirities too, but oh well.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby Edrick » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:07 am

The Indiana Rivals site is calling Butler for Eron Gordon. A third 4-star in the class would pretty much lock in a Top 15 class.
Edrick

Postby xufan02 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:52 am

Butler has a lot of minutes opening up on the wing with Dunham and Jones graduating. They missed on a lot of targets under Miller, not so much under Holtmann; he is killing it on the recruiting trail. Hopefully Butler gets a great class, good for them and the conference.
xufan02

Postby Edrick » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:34 am

Edrick

Postby xufan02 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:07 pm

Very very skilled, plays very hard, not very athletic. Really nice touch. This guy will haunt Big East schools in the same way Matt Howard did for four years.
xufan02

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:48 am

Stainbrook-esque.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby jaxalum » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:02 am

Brunk was most definitely a priority recruit for Xavier. Much the same as Matt Howard was back in the day. Both recruitments were extremely fluid with X and Butler essentially switching from leader, to co-leader, to off his list to 2nd place depending on who you talked to, what the weather was looking like that day,and lunar rotation and revolution symmetry for that particular day. I really wanted Howard, and thought we had him, but even as an X fan, I have to admit he "probably" ;) made the right choice in choosing Butler with those "Final Fours and stuff, like that they.... back to something...... or other".......(this is me blacking out from utter disappointment :x )

I'm sincerely glad Butler was able to to get this guy for the Big East, and I'm sure it's big to grab an instate guy away from Indiana. Just don't be a reincarnation of Howard when you play X.
Xavier
jaxalum

Previous

Return to Big East Recruiting