Joey Brunk commits to Butler

Big East hoops recruiting home

Postby FDS » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:13 pm

Indianapolis kid. He is a '16 center ranked #63 - ESPN, #92 - Scout, #138 - Rivals. Big body should do well in the Big East.
FDS

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Joey Brunk commits to Butler

Postby Jet915 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:54 pm

Nice get by Butler. 247 composite has him at #89. Another top 100 recruit for the Big East!
Jet915

Postby marquette » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:50 pm

Nice pickup!
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby Irishdawg » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:52 am

Even better is that he got the list of players that Butler's currently after and is going to start getting in their ears about coming and playing with him. While this doesn't always work, it's good to see he's wanting to get involved in this to help make the Bulldogs as good as they can be.
Irishdawg

Postby bmorex » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:17 pm

Damn.
bmorex

Brunk committed to Butler per twitter

Postby robinreed » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:14 am

I saw that Joey Brunk, a 6'11" center committed to Butler recently. He is big, strong but slow. Still a major add for Butler.
Good rebounder, scorer and overall inside player. Good add, many thought he would choose Purdue.
robinreed

Re: Brunk committed to Butler per twitter

Postby Edrick » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:23 pm

@BrandonClayPSB
#NBPATop100 (VA) Day Two Stars:
Brendan Bailey
Troy Baxter
Joey Brunk
Zach Collins
Ty Jerome
Omari Spellman

https://twitter.com/BrandonClayPSB/stat ... 5065358336
Edrick

Postby billyjack » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:17 pm

robinreed wrote:I saw that Joey Brunk, a 6'11" center committed to Butler recently. He is big, strong but slow. Still a major add for Butler.
Good rebounder, scorer and overall inside player. Good add, many thought he would choose Purdue.

What, do get your news via the Pony Express...?

just kidding.
:)
Providence
billyjack

Postby HoosierPal » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:33 pm

robinreed wrote:I saw that Joey Brunk, a 6'11" center committed to Butler recently. He is big, strong but slow. Still a major add for Butler.

Measured out at just under 6'10", 230 lbs. I don't know where you got the "strong but slow" stuff. He is typical of any HS Junior, he needs to bulk up. He has the speed and footwork he needs to play inside. He plays with his back to the basket, but can hit from 15'. I saw him play on the Indy Jr. All-Star squad. No one was playing defense that night as the Indiana Senior All-Stars demolished the Junior All Stars 118-79.

P.S. Shouldn't the title of this thread be IN CAPITAL LETTERS LIKE MOST OF THE RECENT ONES??
HoosierPal

Postby robinreed » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:54 pm

HoosierPal wrote:

Measured out at just under 6'10", 230 lbs. I don't know where you got the "strong but slow" stuff. He is typical of any HS Junior, he needs to bulk up. He has the speed and footwork he needs to play inside. He plays with his back to the basket, but can hit from 15'. I saw him play on the Indy Jr. All-Star squad. No one was playing defense that night as the Indiana Senior All-Stars demolished the Junior All Stars 118-79.

P.S. Shouldn't the title of this thread be IN CAPITAL LETTERS LIKE MOST OF THE RECENT ONES??

NOTE TO HOOSIERPAL

I hope the subtitle is satisfactory.

HoosierPal I did not see Joey live but I did watch several action clips on youtube and other sites and the word that came to mind was lumbering. However slow is both shorter and less uncomplimentary. He also appeared strong as he shot his semi hook and took several jump shots from what appeared to be the 12' to 16' range. He looks like he will be an asset or as I stated in my post a "Good rebounder, scorer and overall inside player". I hope he does well for you guys.
Also I will try to use more caps now that I know it pleases you.
robinreed

Next

Return to Big East Recruiting