2015 3* SG Khyri Thomas (Creighton Commit)

Big East hoops recruiting home

Postby R Jay » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:34 am

Creighton has landed 3* SG Khyri Thomas who is currently attending Fork Union Military Academy (Prep School). Thomas is an athletic 6'3 off guard who is described as having a "non-stop motor." He will provide the size and the ability to get to the rim that Creighton needs at guard to compete in the Big East.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: 2015 3* SG Khyri Thomas (Creighton Commit)

Postby chicagojayfan » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:23 am

R Jay wrote:Creighton has landed 3* SG Khyri Thomas who is currently attending Fork Union Military Academy (Prep School). Thomas is an athletic 6'3 off guard who is described as having a "non-stop motor." He will provide the size and the ability to get to the rim that Creighton needs at guard to compete in the Big East.

Originally an Omaha HS kid who went to Fork Union to clear up his grades. Didn't get many offers out of HS due to his grade situation, but bigger players were taking a look after his AAU and Prep performances.

He isn't boosting our recruiting ranking, but he's just what the doctor ordered for CU's backcourt. Long (6-9 or 6-10 wingspan), physical and athletic and a a kid with a tough attitude. Add in the year of prep school playing better competition and he should see the court immediately.
chicagojayfan

Postby Jet915 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:26 am

He has a Big East ready body, very athletic, a slasher and tough defender. Something this team is sorely lacking.
Jet915

Postby MUPanther » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:27 am

As an outsider looking in, I think Creighton can do it! Do you see Creighton making the upgrade on recruiting for the Big East level talent? I hate when the Big East haters say, Doug is not walking thru the door anymore.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby chuck1991 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:30 am

MUPanther wrote:As an outsider looking in, I think Creighton can do it! Do you see Creighton making the upgrade on recruiting for the Big East level talent? I hate when the Big East haters say, Doug is not walking thru the door anymore.

I'd like to see them landing more blue chip prep players instead of relying on transfers; it looks like the class of 2015 is accomplishing that goal.
chuck1991

Postby chicagojayfan » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:58 am

chuck1991 wrote:
MUPanther wrote:As an outsider looking in, I think Creighton can do it! Do you see Creighton making the upgrade on recruiting for the Big East level talent? I hate when the Big East haters say, Doug is not walking thru the door anymore.

I'd like to see them landing more blue chip prep players instead of relying on transfers; it looks like the class of 2015 is accomplishing that goal.

I think we are getting there. I'm happy about the Watson and Huff transfers -- we needed experienced talent coming in for next year and while it hurt us this year, it will pay off next year at PG and SF.

With HS kids, we've recruited 3 top 150 kids in 2 classes (1 top 50, 1 top 100 and 1 top 150) -- maybe more than Creighton had ever recruited in the past. The guys who aren't listed are guys that could get there or who are important for other reasons -- Bossi thinks Stewart could get to top 150 by end of year and he's having a great senior year; Martin Krampelj is a Euro player that West Virginia and VA tech wanted (also has a 7 foot wingspan, is 6-8 and has a very nice outside shot to go with his athleticism). The last is Thomas who we've talked about here.

This isn't elite recruiting by Big East standards, but it's bringing in guys with a ton length and athleticism who can still play the kind of system we want to play.
chicagojayfan

Postby MUPanther » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:20 pm

Where is Ronnie Harrell, I see he was a very good recruit in 2014?
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby chicagojayfan » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:42 pm

MUPanther wrote:Where is Ronnie Harrell, I see he was a very good recruit in 2014?

He redshirted this year. He's a guy who grew from 5-8 to 6-7 in HS and was super skinny, so needed a year to get physically ready. The payoff is his skill set, he can handle, pass and shoot from long range at 6-7. We're all assuming he will a big part of the rotation next year.

I'm happy to use the RS get him ready to play for next year, although with Zierden out we might have had good use for another shooter this year.
chicagojayfan

Return to Big East Recruiting