Connor Frankamp - 4 star Kansas transfer (CU)

Big East hoops recruiting home

Postby Omaha1 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:07 pm

Kansas shooting guard Connor Frankamp has decided to transfer. #34 rivals and 4 star recruit. Creighton was definitely interested in him out of high school, but he considered Missouri, Oklahoma, and Texas before choosing Kansas. Elite shooter who made 4 three pointers in their NCAA loss to Stanford would be a perfect fit for Creighton. Jays have a scholarship open next year, but nothing this year if he wants to be a midyear transfer.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Connor Frankamp - 4 star Kansas transfer (CU)

Postby Chalmers0 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:56 am

He would be a great fit at Creighton but I have a hard time seeing him paying for a year Creighton before he can get on scholarship (obviously no idea what his families financial situation is)

Sounds like Wichita is another good possibility but no idea on their scholarship numbers
Chalmers0

Postby ljay » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:38 pm

Would only have to pay a semester as he could go on scholarship after this season. That would still be $20-25k or whatever it costs at CU these days.
ljay

Postby Omaha1 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:45 pm

ljay wrote:Would only have to pay a semester as he could go on scholarship after this season. That would still be $20-25k or whatever it costs at CU these days.

I'm guessing if he wanted to come to CU, they'd figure out a financial aid package, scholarships, etc that would significantly reduce the out of pocket cost.
Omaha1

Postby chicagojayfan » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:56 pm

Omaha1 wrote:
ljay wrote:Would only have to pay a semester as he could go on scholarship after this season. That would still be $20-25k or whatever it costs at CU these days.

I'm guessing if he wanted to come to CU, they'd figure out a financial aid package, scholarships, etc that would significantly reduce the out of pocket cost.

This is true. The problem for mid-season transfers is that they run into the fact that most teams are full and have to look to ways to pay their own way when they go to the school of choice. The positive is that so long as the player isn't playing (practice is not playing games), they are able to use to the same financial aid and academic scholarships that other students can use.

He's a great fit for us. And I think just watching our guards operate this year should make Creighton an attractive destination for him.
chicagojayfan

Postby FlyJays » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:46 pm

According to the World Herald, Conner will be visiting Creighton this weekend on an unofficial, and will be returning the following weekend with his family for an official. I'd say that bodes relatively well for the Jays. It appears Wichita State, Colorado, and Creighton are the three schools he's focused on right now. I've also heard UCLA mentioned.

This would be an ideal fit for Creighton. Elite shooter who can also run a bit of point.
FlyJays

Postby Jet915 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:38 pm

Conner is coming to Creighton tonight to start his official. Visited Wichita two weeks ago, Creighton for unofficial last weekend and Colorado a few days ago. Hopefully we can seal the deal this weekend.
Jet915

Postby Omaha1 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:12 pm

Announcd that he has decided to walk on and go home to Wichita State.
Omaha1

Postby Jet915 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:39 pm

Isaiah Zierden is his exact clone so while it would have been nice to get him, not a big loss IMO. We need a tough defensive minded slashing wing on this roster and someone like Khyri Thomas fits that bill.
Jet915

Return to Big East Recruiting