2017 Javon Taylor - Providence commit

Big East hoops recruiting home

Postby admin » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:49 pm

Haven't seen much other than the announcement. Ed getting a very early commit tonight.

@UndercoverFriar: 2017 G/F Javon Taylor has committed to Providence. Ultra talented young player! Will continue to get better. #pcbb
admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: 2017 Javon Taylor - Providence commit

Postby TheHall » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:54 pm

Javon is the younger brother of former PC 2014 target 4* PF Jaquil Taylor (Purdue). Back then I had no doubt that if Prov didn't sign Ben Bentil that Jaquil would have committed to coach Cooley. Basically I believe he choose Purdue as his backup choice. What I find amazing is for the his younger brother to commit at all, let alone 2 years early, to a coach that basically turned his brother away. That speaks highly of Cooley's real ability to connect with players & their families. I have a hunch we could see Jaquil transferring to PC down the road. He's a quote from daddy Taylor:

Prodigy4Life @MauriceTaylor50: @JavonT_12 has verbally committed to Providence College and the Taylor FAMILY COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!

The Cooley effect is amazing.

Here's feedback from some more 2017 ballers at PC this wekend:

Clive Allen Jr. ‏@imaproblem__: headed home from Providence camp coach said he'll keep intouch

DaddyLavish ‏@ThatsDaddyMarco: Providence Camp Wass Sumn Slight.

Philip Garraud ‏@Phillystack: The competition was crazy at the PC camp i absolutely loved it gonna get my name out one way or another
https://twitter.com/Phillystack/status/498251672163217408
TheHall

Postby FriarFan77 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:10 pm

TheHall wrote:Javon is the younger brother of former PC 2014 target 4* PF Jaquil Taylor (Purdue). Back then I had no doubt that if Prov didn't sign Ben Bentil that Jaquil would have committed to coach Cooley. Basically I believe he choose Purdue as his backup choice. What I find amazing is for the his younger brother to commit at all, let alone 2 years early, to a coach that basically turned his brother away. That speaks highly of Cooley's real ability to connect with players & their families. I have a hunch we could see Jaquil transferring to PC down the road. He's a quote from daddy Taylor:

Prodigy4Life @MauriceTaylor50: @JavonT_12 has verbally committed to Providence College and the Taylor FAMILY COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!

The Cooley effect is amazing.

Here's feedback from some more 2017 ballers at PC this wekend:

Clive Allen Jr. ‏@imaproblem__: headed home from Providence camp coach said he'll keep intouch

DaddyLavish ‏@ThatsDaddyMarco: Providence Camp Wass Sumn Slight.

Philip Garraud ‏@Phillystack: The competition was crazy at the PC camp i absolutely loved it gonna get my name out one way or another
https://twitter.com/Phillystack/status/498251672163217408

I think it really speaks to the benefits of being honest and open with players on the recruiting trail. If Coach Cooley made grand claims to the older Taylor, then the younger would never have even started to listen.
FriarFan77

Postby TheHall » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:28 pm

FriarFan77 wrote:I think it really speaks to the benefits of being honest and open with players on the recruiting trail. If Coach Cooley made grand claims to the older Taylor, then the younger would never have even started to listen.

Couldn't agree more...
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:48 am

Here's a link to an article about Taylor from NERR. Article also has a video interview of Taylor done by Adam Finklestein

WHO IS JAVON TAYLOR? INTERVIEW WITH PC'S 2017 RECRUIT:

Taylor is already a big guard. He has good size at 6-foot-3, enough handle to facilitate offense, and terrific court vision and passing skills. He’s not yet explosive at this stage of his physical development but he’s very smooth. While he’s skilled in his passing ability, he will need to become a more consistent outside shooter.

Topping off all of Taylor's talents is the fact that he is a coach’s son—Maurice Taylor Jr. was most recently an assistant coach at Wentworth Institute of Technology— and also very well coached during the high school season by Juan Figueroa and runs with a highly talented Mass Rivals team during the grassroots season. It’s also a safe bet that his skill set, and specifically his jumper, will continue to develop.

http://www.coxhub.com/articles/who-is-javon-taylor-interview-with-pcs-2017-recruit?utm_content=7328204&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

TheHall

Return to Big East Recruiting