2015 4* PF Jeremy Miller (X, BC, Florida)

Big East hoops recruiting home

Postby TheHall » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:27 pm

The 6'9 Miller decommitted from BC in the fall then got some good pub during the summer live periods.

New Hampton School rising senior forward Jeremy Miller re-opened his recruitment on Thursday night after having previously committed to Boston College earlier this winter. His initial commitment came under former head coach Steve Donahue but Miller appeared intent to remain on board when Jim Christian was hired to take over the program last month. Now, things have apparently changed as ESPN’s Jeff Goodman first reported Miller’s decision on Friday evening. Miller is a long and skilled face-up big man who excels at stretching opposing defenses out to the three-point line.

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/news/article/3518/Miller-Back-on-the-Board.php

Top 10 Player from the Commonwealth (Class of 2015)

5. Jeremy Miller- Milton Mass- New Hampton

Former Boston College verbal commit Jeremy Miller has sky-high potential. This 6'9" product out of Milton, Massachusetts plays his high school ball at New Hampton. After a coaching change at BC, Miller reopened his recruitment. The front-runners are currently Xavier, Florida, and still BC. Miller has the potential to be a lethal big man at the next level. His powerful moves to the hoop are easily the best on this list and maybe some of the best in the country.

http://www.bostonmadness.com/ncaab

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/125718/jeremy-miller
TheHall

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: 2015 4* PF Jeremy Miller (X, BC, Florida)

Postby Chalmers0 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:54 pm

I don't think Xavier is very involved in this one. Honestly not sure I've seen his name even linked to X other than this in the last few months. Definitely don't think he fits the plans for what the staff would take in 2015.
Chalmers0

Postby TheHall » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:49 pm

Chalmers0 wrote:I don't think Xavier is very involved in this one. Honestly not sure I've seen his name even linked to X other than this in the last few months. Definitely don't think he fits the plans for what the staff would take in 2015.

I could believe that. I haven't come across anyone else collaborating Miller's top 3 although I do know that Temple recently offered. I am curious why you believe he wouldn't fit in the plans of X given X is recruiting Ahmad & Morgan. They're both 4* PF's like Miller right?
TheHall

Postby Chalmers0 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:32 am

TheHall wrote:
Chalmers0 wrote:I don't think Xavier is very involved in this one. Honestly not sure I've seen his name even linked to X other than this in the last few months. Definitely don't think he fits the plans for what the staff would take in 2015.

I could believe that. I haven't come across anyone else collaborating Miller's top 3 although I do know that Temple recently offered. I am curious why you believe he wouldn't fit in the plans of X given X is recruiting Ahmad & Morgan. They're both 4* PF's like Miller right?

I actually don't believe they are actively recruiting those other 2 as well. I think they are looking at maybe a combo forward, more of a lengthy 3 (Kipper Nichols) and maybe a true center that probably will take a year or two to develop (Tacko Fall, Seth Dugan, etc.). I honestly don't think the staff is recruiting that hard in 2015 in general as they don't have any needs due to a large 2014 class and they think there is a lot more talent in 2016 (just speculation really).
Chalmers0

Postby TheHall » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:31 pm

Chalmers0 wrote:
TheHall wrote:

I actually don't believe they are actively recruiting those other 2 as well. I think they are looking at maybe a combo forward, more of a lengthy 3 (Kipper Nichols) and maybe a true center that probably will take a year or two to develop (Tacko Fall, Seth Dugan, etc.). I honestly don't think the staff is recruiting that hard in 2015 in general as they don't have any needs due to a large 2014 class and they think there is a lot more talent in 2016 (just speculation really).

Same way I feel about SHU's 2015 class, including the need for a true center part.
TheHall

Return to Big East Recruiting