Matt Heldt to Marquette

Big East hoops recruiting home

Matt Heldt to Marquette

Postby realchiliwarrior » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:43 pm

"Per Mark Miller

Mark Miller ‏ @ WisBBYearbook 18m
Matt Heldt of Neenah has just committed to Marquette University.

Mark Miller ‏ @ WisBBYearbook 17m

Matt Heldt, ranked third in the state in 2015 by http://WisSports.net , joins Nick Noskowiak in the 2015 recruiting class at Marquette

Mark Miller ‏ @ WisBBYearbook 16m

Steve Wojciechowski has made Neenah's Matt Heldt a top priority since the April Eval period and it paid today with his commitment"

6' 10" pf/c
realchiliwarrior

Matt Heldt to Marquette

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Matt Heldt to Marquette

Postby TheHall » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:41 pm

Hard to see how Heldt is ranked 3rd in the state when you got Stone, Ellerson & Noskowiak in the same class. Either way seems he's a legit under the radar baller. I wonder how this may effect MU's push for Ellerson. Been hearing good things about MU's chances with him before this news.
TheHall

Postby marquette » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:39 pm

TheHall wrote:Hard to see how Heldt is ranked 3rd in the state when you got Stone, Ellerson & Noskowiak in the same class. Either way seems he's a legit under the radar baller. I wonder how this may effect MU's push for Ellerson. Been hearing good things about MU's chances with him before this news.

Ellenson may be a better fit at the 4, whereas Heldt is a definite 5. They could potentially play at the same time. That said, Ellenson is an immediate big minute contributor at PF and Heldt will probably get solid backup minutes behind Fischer for his first couple of seasons.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby TheHall » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:55 pm

A solid update on the development Heldt's game from Scout's Evan Daniels in one of the articles Jet quoted about CU recruit Justin Patton:

BIGGEST DEVELOPMENT OF JULY?

The biggest development of July to me was the amount of players that emerged in Las Vegas as potential top 100 candidates. I was set to leave Las Vegas Friday night during the last evaluation period and head to Louisville for AAU Nationals. But I couldn’t get on the plane. There were too many players in Las Vegas that I needed to evaluate. Justin Patton, who we mentioned above, was one of the guys that emerged. Marquette commit Matt Heldt also falls in this category. At 6-foot-9, pushing 6-10, he has a high skill level and can step out to 22-feet to make jump shots. Look for him to make his way into Scout.com’s next updated top 100.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1427470-storylines-recapping-july?s=75

Looking like Big East coaches are doing a great job out-scouting the scouts early on! Now just gotta make sure these verbals turn into signings in Nov.
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:50 am

Heldt up to 4* status on ESPN

2015-Wisconsin-Top-Players-ESPN.jpg

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/baske ... matt-heldt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheHall

Return to Big East Recruiting