Creighton lands local 6-11 Justin Patton

Big East hoops recruiting home

Re: Creighton lands local 6-11 Justin Patton

Postby mel ott » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:03 am

gtmoBlue wrote:About 98% of the pósters on CU's 2 main boards have climbed aboard the Redshirt Patton bandwagon, including several who were previously against it. Supposedly even the coaching staff was divided ("torn") on this decision.

Maybe I am too old school. Imo players "develop" through playing...not vía the scout team and riding the pine. Patton is one of 10-12 long, lean, supposedly underweight 2015 (top 25 centers) posts. It appears he is the sole center in that group to be redshirting. I have never heard of a top 25-50 recruit (not a Medical RS) redshirting in a major conference...this has to be a first.

Oh well... Let us see what transpires...

Love your attitude generally , gtmo. However, I know in the last days they were deliberating about the RS. However, as you have not seen him play,maybe trust the coaches that see him on a DAILY basis and think it is in his best interest to RS, that may be a good indication. He also realizes that. They all know he will be a great player and he is a very young freshman, let him develop. I can't wait to see him in next year: or if unfortunately, something happens to one of the current bigs they will burn the RS. This kid has a great attitude and is on board with the decision. Trust the coaches.
mel ott

Re: Creighton lands local 6-11 Justin Patton

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Big East Recruiting