Postby justsay » Mon May 05, 2014 2:44 pm

justsay

Keith Thomas to St. John's

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Keith Thomas to St. John's

Postby TheHall » Mon May 05, 2014 3:19 pm

Wow times have really changed for Lavs on the recruiting trail:

"Thomas, who averaged 15.3 points and 15.7 rebounds last season, chose the Johnnies over Loyola-Chicago, South Florida and Fordham." :?

and that was after this:

"Having missed out on Marlon Jones (Loyola) and Josh Cunningham (Bradley), the Johnnies are now going in other directions."

http://zagsblog.com/articles/keith-thomas-to-st-johns/#more-115502

Hopefully KT turns out to be a diamond in the ruff for the Johnnies.
TheHall

Postby SJHooper » Tue May 06, 2014 7:23 am

TheHall wrote:

"Thomas, who averaged 15.3 points and 15.7 rebounds last season, chose the Johnnies over Loyola-Chicago, South Florida and Fordham." :?

and that was after this:

"Having missed out on Marlon Jones (Loyola) and Josh Cunningham (Bradley), the Johnnies are now going in other directions."

Diamond in the rough? Arizona and Miami were also trying to close in on him. This is the best JUCO rebounder in the nation. Other college coaches have said he looks like a difference maker. He comes in with experience he's 23. We don't need him as a star we need him as a role player. Just remember it took Seton Hall promising a high school coach a position on the staff to bring IW to South Orange. SJ was the forgone conclusion until that. No guarantee that IW is going to do anything either. There are tons of highly rated busts...we would know. Nice to have a hungry role player who can rebound.
SJHooper

Postby TheHall » Tue May 06, 2014 8:24 am

SJHooper wrote:
TheHall wrote:

and that was after this:

Diamond in the rough? Arizona and Miami were also trying to close in on him. This is the best JUCO rebounder in the nation. Other college coaches have said he looks like a difference maker. He comes in with experience he's 23. We don't need him as a star we need him as a role player. Just remember it took Seton Hall promising a high school coach a position on the staff to bring IW to South Orange. SJ was the forgone conclusion until that. No guarantee that IW is going to do anything either. There are tons of highly rated busts...we would know. Nice to have a hungry role player who can rebound.

I found out later KT could be a problem on the boards in the BE so that's great for SJU, btw all your gum flapping about the best player in NYC is so transparently weak....get over it.
TheHall

Postby SJU87 » Tue May 06, 2014 4:39 pm

St. John's will have a good front court next season. Obekpa, 6-11 Adonis Delarosa and Keith Thomas. Maybe Delarosa's 7 foot brother , Joey ,will be a walk on. Maybe they'll get former NBA player Anthony Masons son as another walk on. He played for Niagra and he's a scoring machine. Has one year of eligibility left and he might go to SJU to showcase his skills.
SJU87

Postby TheHall » Tue May 06, 2014 6:31 pm

The No. 1 rebounder on the junior college Division I level, Thomas picked the Johnnies over South Florida, Fordham and Loyola of Chicago. Miami and Wichita State were also involved, on the outside looking in for the rugged 6-foot-7, 23-year-old from Westchester who attended Yorktown High School....One college coach familiar with Thomas described him as an “elite” rebounder who never takes a play off and an adept finisher around the hoop. Though, the coach said, he’s not someone you run plays for, comparing him with DeJuan Blair.

“Hopefully I’ll be an impact player,” Thomas said. “That’s what I’ve been brought in to do. “I play with a lot of aggression, a lot of passion. I play strong. I’m never giving up. I’m just hungry. I play every game like I’m starving.

http://nypost.com/2014/05/05/st-johns-b ... th-thomas/

His height probably explains why his recruitment was low-key. But his attitude sounds like a true BE warrior. Can't wait to see Angel Delgado bang around with that grown man. :D

Go Pirates!
TheHall

Return to Big East Recruiting