Darrick Wood (2014) Commits to DePaul

Big East hoops recruiting home

Postby SJHooper » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:49 am

Nice pickup for DePaul. Supposed to be a lights out shooter. He was on SJ's radar for a while then fell off for whatever reason. SJ never offered him. This looks like Jon Severe part II for us. Two players with a reputation for shooting prowess and we pass them up. Severe was one of the best rookies in the nation. I was begging us to get him. I hope Wood is not a repeat.
SJHooper

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Darrick Wood (2014) Commits to DePaul

Postby BillikensWin » Sat May 03, 2014 11:41 am

SJHooper wrote:Nice pickup for DePaul. Supposed to be a lights out shooter. He was on SJ's radar for a while then fell off for whatever reason. SJ never offered him. This looks like Jon Severe part II for us. Two players with a reputation for shooting prowess and we pass them up. Severe was one of the best rookies in the nation. I was begging us to get him. I hope Wood is not a repeat.

I watched Jon Severe all season this year. He shot a ton on a really bad team. I don't know how that much volume would have fit for St. John's.
Saint Louis University: Proud Members of the Big Atlantic Valley Conference
BillikensWin

Postby SJHooper » Tue May 06, 2014 7:28 am

BillikensWin wrote:
SJHooper wrote:Nice pickup for DePaul. Supposed to be a lights out shooter. He was on SJ's radar for a while then fell off for whatever reason. SJ never offered him. This looks like Jon Severe part II for us. Two players with a reputation for shooting prowess and we pass them up. Severe was one of the best rookies in the nation. I was begging us to get him. I hope Wood is not a repeat.

I watched Jon Severe all season this year. He shot a ton on a really bad team. I don't know how that much volume would have fit for St. John's.

If Severe was on SJ he would arguably be the best pure shooter. He can shoot from anywhere on the floor and he's very dangerous from 3.
SJHooper

Postby TheHall » Tue May 06, 2014 8:37 am

SJHooper wrote:
BillikensWin wrote:

If Severe was on SJ he would arguably be the best pure shooter. He can shoot from anywhere on the floor and he's very dangerous from 3.

Yeah and if D'Angelo Harrison never came to SJU I bet you'd be praising him the same way, that whole "grass is greener"/"the fish that got away" thing is big with you. SLU dude is right Severe is where he needs to be a bad program with plenty of shot opportunities to showcase his motor & great last name.
TheHall

Return to Big East Recruiting