Maurice Watson - Boston U transfer (Creighton interest)

Big East hoops recruiting home

Re: Maurice Watson - Boston U transfer (Creighton interest)

Postby Jet915 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:16 pm

Jet915

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:17 pm

Chalmers0 wrote:Great pickup. I was (and still am to an extent) concerned with how Creighton would recruit after joining the Big East. So far they have done a really good job, in my opinion.

Chalmers, I agree. I think 2015 recruiting is the key. Nice start with our 2015 PG.
Jet915

Postby TheHall » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:02 pm

Great get CU. He was 1st team in the Patriot league as a soph & set the school record for assists at BU with 17 last season.

TheHall

Postby Omaha1 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:04 am

Thanks for posting that interview. Really impressed with how well spoken, mature and team oriented Watson is. Will be a perfect fit at Creighton.

Here's the article from the local paper. Liked this section (anyone know of a kid who excelled playing for his father?)

Watson scored 2,356 points while playing for his father at Philadelphia Boys Latin High School. His total was the second highest in Philadelphia Public League history, and he was ranked No. 91 on ESPN.com’s list of the top 100 recruits in 2012.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20140413/B ... -creighton
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby TheHall » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:35 pm

Omaha1 wrote:Thanks for posting that interview. Really impressed with how well spoken, mature and team oriented Watson is. Will be a perfect fit at Creighton.

Here's the article from the local paper. Liked this section (anyone know of a kid who excelled playing for his father?)

Watson scored 2,356 points while playing for his father at Philadelphia Boys Latin High School. His total was the second highest in Philadelphia Public League history, and he was ranked No. 91 on ESPN.com’s list of the top 100 recruits in 2012.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20140413/B ... -creighton

Great article Omaha. This was by far my favorite part:

Illinois and Wichita State were among schools that had expressed interest in Watson after he announced his decision to transfer. One advantage Creighton had is that the Bluejays play in the Big East. “The Big East played a major part in my decision,” Watson said.

"It’s a bigger stage, and they play the Big East tournament in Madison Square Garden. It’s crazy the exposure you can get by playing in the conference." It’s always been a dream of mine to play in a conference like that. Coming out of middle school, I wanted to play at Villanova.

I’m grateful that I’m going to get the opportunity to play in a conference like the Big East.

Remember this is a Philly baller who grew up loving the BE. There are many more like Watson in the pipeline throughout the country who feel the same about the BIG East with or w/out Cuse/ESPN/Buzz!
TheHall

Previous

Return to Big East Recruiting