Devonte Graham (Creighton, Providence, Xavier)

Big East hoops recruiting home

Postby Chalmers0 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:29 pm

Didnt see a thread created for him yet.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 5m
Kansas, Creighton, Providence, Ga. Tech all went to Brewster Academy to watch senior PG Devonte Graham. Still not released by App State.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 4m
Xavier and Virginia Tech plan to go to Brewster early this week to watch Graham -- considered the top available (sort of) point guard.

Xavier has a history with Brewster and Graham also played for David West's AAU team so it doesn't shock me to see them involved, although with targeting both Graham and Ronnie Johnson, you've got to think another guard may be on the way out.
Chalmers0

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Devonte Graham (Creighton, Providence, Xavier)

Postby friars321 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:52 pm

PC has been on Graham for a while now. I know Creighton has also been involved. He is THE top available PG, but don't hold your breath.

-App St did not release him from LOI originally because they felt he was going to NCST and they had tampered.
-Lewis (sophomore pg HS All American) just announced he is leaving NCST this week
-One of the NCST guys shared some knowledge on the PC board. Graham played aau ball with the son of the NCST coach- so there is a connection. Also stated that Graham's interest to return to Raleigh was a factor in Lewis' departure.

Not saying the door is shut. It never is, things change. I would be glad if he ended up in the BEAST, or more specifically at PC. But I dont think it is very likely at the moment.
friars321

Postby Professor_Bulldog » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:06 pm

Guy was finally released. Let the games begin!
Butler '13
Professor_Bulldog

Postby friars321 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:11 pm

I stated before that it seemed likely that he would be going to NC ST, but maybe that's a school he is not allowed to go to per his release:

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels 3m
Schools expected to be firmly in the mix for 2014 PG Devonte Graham are Virginia, Kansas, Florida & Providence.

Jerry Meyer ‏@jerrymeyer247
Updating Devonte Graham profile but head coaches from UVA, Nebraska, Providence visit Thurs. Kansas Fri per his Coach http://******/1g923e0

Thick competition for the lone top 100 pg left. I guess Kansas has Tharpe, who was the hs pg at the same school Graham goes to.
No official lists yet though. We will see how this plays out.
friars321

Postby xsteve1 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:24 pm

Both Semaj and Jalen went to Brewster, and Devonte played for David West brother Dwayne West in AAU.
xsteve1

Postby Jet915 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:22 pm

Jerry Meyer ‏@jerrymeyer247 1h
Coach Smith also mentioned mutual interest between Devonte Graham & Florida, Creighton, NC State, which got n pic after Tyler Lewis transfer

Ceese Carcieri ‏@CESPN1 1h
According to SNY, Virginia, Nebraska, Providence, Kansas and Creighton are interesting in the Devonte Graham.
Jet915

Postby ljay » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:21 pm

Providence just got a 2014 PG right? How involved will they be with another?
ljay

Postby Professor_Bulldog » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:58 pm

friars321 wrote:I stated before that it seemed likely that he would be going to NC ST, but maybe that's a school he is not allowed to go to per his release:

Word on the twitter machine is that he won't be restricted in terms of schools
Butler '13
Professor_Bulldog

Postby Chalmers0 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:02 am

Jason Smith @BrewsterHoops
Brewster point guard @im_dat_kid_dtae will have meetings with head coaches from Providence, Nebraska, NC State, and Virginia on Thursday.

Evan Daniels @EvanDaniels
Tony Bennett, Ed Cooley, Mark Gottfried & Tim Miles will be at Brewster to see Devonte Graham today. KU, Va Tech, Cincy & Florida tomorrow.
Chalmers0

Postby ChelseaFriar » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:56 pm

ljay wrote:Providence just got a 2014 PG right? How involved will they be with another?

I think Cooley would love another. Fact is that Dunn has only played a half season in two years at PC. We all hope he will be completely healthy this coming season, but we do not know how it will all turn out. If Dunn can't play, newly signed Cartwright will be the only PG available.

Whether or not Cooley can convince another PG to sign remains to be seen.
ChelseaFriar

Next

Return to Big East Recruiting