2014 C Satchel Pierce Decommits from MU

Big East hoops recruiting home

Postby TheHall » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:34 pm

Satchel Pierce is a legit 7 footer with legit potential. I have been able to watch 2 or 3 of Kiski's (PA) games, though I don't know his numbers on the year. Long story short is he's an underrated talent definitely top 150 maybe top 100 by the end of the season. He's a finesse big man learning to be more physical. I think that's why he may be rated lower now but acknowledged to have potential.

Kiski plays a tough @ss schedule & are only 5-5. Pierce is comfortable from the free throw line extended, but is growing in back to the basket game. He's learning to intimidate more and he runs the floor very well. For Kiski he often plays the facilitator role at the top of the key and is smooth passing the ball. He's a true center and he's athletic. I would compare him to former Pitt Panther C Steven Adams.

More reviews:

2014 7'0 Satchel Pierce committed Marquette HM - Satch is one of the most underrated nationally ranked big men in the country, he has great feel with his back to the basket and can knock down a free throw line extended jumper with consistency. He is surprisingly athletic for his height and size and will put unsuspecting defenders on posters if they are not careful.

Kiski Prep made Major noise last year as they upset both Brewster Academy and the Tilton School last year at the National Prep Showcase in CT. Kiski is the Top Prep team in PA over the last couple of years and face off against the Rivers School and Worcester Academy in the 2014 Ballas TV Invite Jan 11 - 12 @ Umass Boston.

http://ballastv.com/profiles/blogs/kiski-prep-team-preview-ballastv-invite-jan-11-12-umass-boston-3

Last edited by TheHall on Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheHall

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: 2014 C Satchel Pierce (Marquette)

Postby TheHall » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:34 pm

Here's a good look at Pierce's athleticism. He's #15 dunking everything in this one.

TheHall

Postby Barley » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:21 am

Also released from his NLI. Wow.
Barley

Postby hoyahooligan » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:33 am

Might be an even bigger loss than hill (no pun intended). Marquette's tallest player is 6'7" Taylor Jr until Luke Fischer becomes eligible.
hoyahooligan

Return to Big East Recruiting