Trevon Bluiett - Xavier commit

Big East hoops recruiting home

Re: Trevon Bluiett - Xavier commit

Postby TheHall » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:51 pm

xsteve1 wrote:Park Tudor ‏@parktudor 1h
#ptbb Season opener: PT 90, University 52. Bluiett with 41 points and 16 rebs.

He had 40 in the first half!

Edit: My bad he had 35 in the first half...sheesh!
TheHall

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TheHall » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:09 pm

Bluiett has started the season in Beast Mode aka Macura-Mode. He's averaging 42 ppg, 14 rpg & 5 apg!!!

http://www.d1circuit.com/roster_players/3844966

Here's some reports about what he did in his last game:

@D1Circuit: Trevon Bluiett (@tre_bluiett15): 54 PTS, 12 REB for Park Tudor vs C.C. #Spiece @parktudor

@D1Circuit: Bluiett (@tre_bluiett15) dropped 52 PTS in 24 minutes played. That's over 2 points a minute

@KyleNeddenriep: More on Trevon Bluiett's 54-point game last night: was 20-for-27 from the field, made six 3s, and had 13 rebounds in 22 minutes.

@Easy_EJ: @_DGL10_ better enjoy it while you can next year Xavier has a commit named Trevon Bluiett he's a STUD gonna be a pain in UCs ass bro

@thuller20: Trevon Bluiett had 54 tonight and JP Macura had 57 on Tues. The future is bright. Xavier basketball on fox sport

Here's a news report about one of his earlier games where he went for 35 points, 12 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals:

http://video.fox59.com/Park-Tudor-and-Beech-Grove-pull-away-for-victories-25423970
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:26 am

Got to see Bluiett play this season. Not enough to know what to expect next season but enough to put some thoughts out. His game wasn't as refined as I thought it would be. He basically played as a 6-5 power forward who can get out on the break & likes to take the too occasional 3. He's strong but not overly athletic, Sumner & Macura (saw him play recently too) appear to be more athletic IMO. His speed seemed average for a big time wing player and his handle seemed ok- he could get where he wanted most times. His explosion was solid and on defense he was a roamer most of the time. He seems to have that classic high school PF/SF tweener game from the small sample I've seen. Not what I expected but Park Tudor is still undefeated and ranked #1 in IN in their class so it may be that the competition just can't hang yet. Reminds me of Wayne Blackshear who I thought would be an absolute beast coming out of hs but not so much even though a good college player.

Here's a game from this season where Bluiett scored 39 pts in 3 qtrs before coming out, against a good team in their rival Beach Groove. I would say 30 of those points were from within 5 ft. Like I said earlier he played PF and not only could get away with it but dominated. He was comfortable taking long 2's & 3's but hit very few. It was mostly I'm stronger than you rebound put backs, fast break lay-ups & dunks. At 6-5, 205 that definitely will not work in the BE. He may have more tools like Ahmed Hill, LJ Peak or Kelan Martin, but simply didn't need to use them in the games I saw. Beach Grove was 4-0 and blowing teams out before getting crushed by PT 91-49! Every time he took a jumper I wondered why because it was bbq chicken in the paint against this squad.

TheHall

Postby Chalmers0 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:23 am

51 Points and 13 Rebounds against UK Commit Trey Lyles's Arsenal Tech team last night.

He doesn't suck at basketball.
Chalmers0

Postby TheHall » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:37 am

Sounds like it was an instant classic. Hope I get a chance to watch this one.

@KyleNeddenriep: Final: Tech 95, Park Tudor 88 in overtime. Trey Lyles 45 points and 16 rebounds for Tech. Trevon Bluiett 51 points and 13 rebounds.

@HickoryHusker: Park Tudor's Bluiett and Tech's Lyles 96 points = 3rd greatest shootout in the history of Indiana high school hoops!
TheHall

Postby Chalmers0 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:12 am

"For those saying Bluiett's 42.5 scoring average coming in was just a product of him running up his totals against overmatched opponents: Stop it. Tech, arguably the most talented and deep team in the state, did everything it could to slow him down. He scored on drives, he scored on 3-pointers, he scored on pull-ups, he scored on free throws. He hit a 3 from the left wing to tie it 76-all with 2:48 left in regulation that was at least five feet behind the arc. His 25-foot 3-pointer as he was fouled with 53 seconds left in overtime unofficially jumped the game from "this is awesome" to "what are we watching?" status. It ultimately wasn't enough for Park Tudor to win, but Bluiett's performance won't soon be forgotten."

http://www.indystar.com/story/recruitin ... s/4327385/
Chalmers0

Postby X Factor » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:32 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my_UUCV4 ... e=youtu.be

Highlights of the epic shootout between Trevon Bluiett and Trey Lyles (UK commit)

How do you embed youtube videos?
X Factor

Postby TheHall » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:13 pm

Chalmers0 wrote:"For those saying Bluiett's 42.5 scoring average coming in was just a product of him running up his totals against overmatched opponents: Stop it. Tech, arguably the most talented and deep team in the state, did everything it could to slow him down. He scored on drives, he scored on 3-pointers, he scored on pull-ups, he scored on free throws. He hit a 3 from the left wing to tie it 76-all with 2:48 left in regulation that was at least five feet behind the arc. His 25-foot 3-pointer as he was fouled with 53 seconds left in overtime unofficially jumped the game from "this is awesome" to "what are we watching?" status. It ultimately wasn't enough for Park Tudor to win, but Bluiett's performance won't soon be forgotten."

http://www.indystar.com/story/recruitin ... s/4327385/

I peeped the article's defensive tone out TB's game. What's funny is I didn't know there were questions about his game translating to the next level, when I made my earlier post. But it was easy to see in the couple of games I watched, icluding the one I had a link for. But even if a player is legit is hs doesn't mean it will translate in college & vice versa for that matter. That's why I try to see players play for myself & not just rely on negative or positive hype. That's also why I share links to games for others to see for themselves, for better or for worse. Either way he's a BE recruit in the biggest recruiting season in decades so I hope he excels (except against SHU) :D
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:41 pm

Trevon broke Yoggie Ferrel's Park Tudor (IN) school record for scoring tonight.

@hcsm1number1: Final. Park Tudor 91. Heritage Christian 56. Trevon Bluiett 36 points. New PT career scoring leader.

@XavierRivals: Trevon Bluiett had 36 pts tonight in a blow out win for Park Tudor. Both him and JP Macura are their school's all time leading scorers now.
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:42 pm

X Factor wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my_UUCV4uzU&feature=youtu.be

Highlights of the epic shootout between Trevon Bluiett and Trey Lyles (UK commit)

How do you embed youtube videos?

TheHall

PreviousNext

Return to Big East Recruiting