Ahmed Hill Commits to Marquette

Big East hoops recruiting home

Re: Ahmed Hill Commits to Marquette

Postby TheHall » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:58 am

MUSeashells&Balloons wrote:
TheHall wrote:
78 friar wrote:Providence is very high on Shayok and has been recruiting him as a 2. Hopefully thats where he really wants to play if the Friars still have a shot. If he doesn't come to Providence, hopefully he ends up at Marquette rather than Va.

I can't see quette being an option anymore. With Shayok to decide this week I thought that's why Hill committed this wknd. I defer to MU fans but doesn't buzz need bigs badly...last two classes has plenty of switchables already.

I couldn't really tell you what buzz is looking for he surprises me a lot haha. But saw Shayok last night at madness.

From AnonymousEagle.com:

"With four scholarship seniors on the roster, Marquette still has one scholarship left to fill for next fall. Given the relative physical similarities between Hill, Cohen, and Harris, odds are that Buzz is looking to find a Real Dude with a bit of size to him. Combining the two prospects lists from ESPN and 247 Sports, odds are Buzz's efforts being focused on the aforementioned Tory Miller (6'8", 230), a power forward from Missouri, and Satchel Pierce (7', 250), a center from Ohio."

http://www.anonymouseagle.com/2013/10/12/4831598/2014-g-ahmed-hill-verbally-commits-to-marquette
TheHall

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MUSeashells&Balloons » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:41 am

TheHall wrote:From AnonymousEagle.com:

"With four scholarship seniors on the roster, Marquette still has one scholarship left to fill for next fall. Given the relative physical similarities between Hill, Cohen, and Harris, odds are that Buzz is looking to find a Real Dude with a bit of size to him. Combining the two prospects lists from ESPN and 247 Sports, odds are Buzz's efforts being focused on the aforementioned Tory Miller (6'8", 230), a power forward from Missouri, and Satchel Pierce (7', 250), a center from Ohio."

http://www.anonymouseagle.com/2013/10/12/4831598/2014-g-ahmed-hill-verbally-commits-to-marquette

I mean that makes sense to me.
Coach Al Mcguire:
"I like seashells and balloons, ribbons and medals, bare feet and wet grass."
"When I'm losing, they call me nuts. When I'm winning, they call me eccentric."
"Queen of victory, pray for us."
MUSeashells&Balloons

Postby muwarrior69 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:40 am

TheHall wrote:
78 friar wrote:Providence is very high on Shayok and has been recruiting him as a 2. Hopefully thats where he really wants to play if the Friars still have a shot. If he doesn't come to Providence, hopefully he ends up at Marquette rather than Va.

I can't see quette being an option anymore. With Shayok to decide this week I thought that's why Hill committed this wknd. I defer to MU fans but doesn't buzz need bigs badly...last two classes has plenty of switchables already.

I think it depend on whether Buzz really wants Malek Harris at this point.
muwarrior69

Postby marquette » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:01 pm

muwarrior69 wrote:
TheHall wrote:I can't see quette being an option anymore. With Shayok to decide this week I thought that's why Hill committed this wknd. I defer to MU fans but doesn't buzz need bigs badly...last two classes has plenty of switchables already.

That is an interesting point. Getting Shayok could certainly make it a little easier for Buzz if he decides Harris' character issues are too much. I don't know what Buzz's opinion will be on that matter, but I'm sure it will be a very difficult decision. There's also the possibility that Buzz might oversign in anticipation of a transfer for next year. I'm also not exactly sure what Buzz was thinking with his recruiting this season, I don't recall him offering a single Wilson :D
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby TheHall » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:17 pm

marquette wrote:
muwarrior69 wrote:
TheHall wrote:I can't see quette being an option anymore. With Shayok to decide this week I thought that's why Hill committed this wknd. I defer to MU fans but doesn't buzz need bigs badly...last two classes has plenty of switchables already.

That is an interesting point. Getting Shayok could certainly make it a little easier for Buzz if he decides Harris' character issues are too much. I don't know what Buzz's opinion will be on that matter, but I'm sure it will be a very difficult decision. There's also the possibility that Buzz might oversign in anticipation of a transfer for next year. I'm also not exactly sure what Buzz was thinking with his recruiting this season, I don't recall him offering a single Wilson :D

Not too late for 2014 yet, any high major Wilson's out there over 6-8 :lol:
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:01 am

ABR TV Recruiting Spotlight: Ahmed Hill

His last dunk (2-handed) in the vid is Siiiiiiiccckkk...of course The Hall won't be having any of that though!
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:50 am

TheHall wrote:I see you Ahmed Hill...Pulling an Isaiah Whitehead rocking the new gear hard from day 1! Love recruits that represent, helps a lot on the trail.

yeah and those foam fingers were provided by Fox sports 1 their quite the partner their logo is on the other side

Steady reppin...

http://www.wjbf.com/story/23680799/hill-finds-new-home-at-marquette
TheHall

Postby marquette » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:59 am

TheHall wrote:
TheHall wrote:I see you Ahmed Hill...Pulling an Isaiah Whitehead rocking the new gear hard from day 1! Love recruits that represent, helps a lot on the trail.

yeah and those foam fingers were provided by Fox sports 1 their quite the partner their logo is on the other side

Steady reppin...

http://www.wjbf.com/story/23680799/hill-finds-new-home-at-marquette

Even more than talent, I really love having kids who want to be here. The talent is nice to have, though. Looking forward to watching him play next year.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby 78 friar » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:38 am

Reading somewhere where Hill made it a point to say that coming to a BASKETBALL school was an important factor in his decision, rather than a football school that has basketball. Like his thinking and hopefully more will follow. As to Shayok, the Friars are still in it and he may decide as early as today.
78 friar

Postby muwarrior69 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:17 pm

Here is an article on Hill and how he will impact the style of play for next season.

http://painttouches.com/2013/10/15/hill-commitment-completes-14-transformation/
muwarrior69

PreviousNext

Return to Big East Recruiting