2014 SF Trevon Bluiett Decomits from UCLA

Big East hoops recruiting home

Postby Bulldawg » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:26 pm

Rumor out there that Trevon Bluiett who was being recruited by both Butler and Xavier is back on the market after committing to UCLA a month ago. This kid can really play and would be another great addition to a Big East roster.
Decomit- http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/highly-touted-trevon-bluiett-decommits-ucla-reopens-recruitment-223053677--ncaab.html
Trevon Bluiett-http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=5220057
Last edited by Bulldawg on Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Butler Basketball baby!
Bulldawg

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: 2014 SF Trevon Bluiett Decomitts from UCLA

Postby Burrito » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:50 pm

I'm rooting for Butler on this one.
Burrito

Postby Chalmers0 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:22 pm

Most people saying it is only a two horse race between X and Butler and I think X has the early lead (purely speculation). Going to be interesting to see how it plays out. Would LOVE to see him in an X uniform.
Chalmers0

Postby Bulldog_Muskie » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Really hoping Butler can pull it off since their class is pretty dismal so far and X's is looking better by the day!
Butler University '13
Xavier University '15
Bulldog_Muskie

Postby marquette » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:28 am

Good luck to both Butler and Xavier!
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby Chalmers0 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:54 am

Mack made the trek to Indy at 4 AM to watch Blueitt's open gym. Butler and Purdue also in attendance.
Chalmers0

Postby GoldenBat » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:55 am

Man, oh, man do I hope Butler pulls this off. No offense to Xavier, but you already have a good class. In any case, Butler needs some good news this off-season.
GoldenBat

Postby ChelseaFriar » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:55 am

Would love to see this kid end up in the Big East.
ChelseaFriar

Postby TheHall » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:01 pm

GoldenBat wrote:Man, oh, man do I hope Butler pulls this off. No offense to Xavier, but you already have a good class. In any case, Butler needs some good news this off-season.

I would be happy just to have the story be that the BE snatched a top recruit from UCLA; that would be awesome press for the league...If X or Butler got him it would be like UConn losing out on Larrier to VCU, a statement about the emergence of a program on the trail.

But for the BE as a whole I think its a no-brainer it would be better if X signed him, just like it helped the league more that SHU got whitehead & created a top 5 class. If SJU signed IW, it would have been great for them of course, but having teams with top 5 classes is a sign of a true power conference. X would go from having a good class to making a HUGE statement with Bluiett in the fold, while BU would just be getting on the map. Imagine if SHU, Prov & X had top 10 classes this year, along with the Hoyas. What a statement & who would have saw that coming?

If I had to bet though, I think Miller is going to close the deal that Stevens started.
TheHall

Postby Bulldog_Muskie » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:46 pm

TheHall wrote:
GoldenBat wrote:Man, oh, man do I hope Butler pulls this off. No offense to Xavier, but you already have a good class. In any case, Butler needs some good news this off-season.

I would be happy just to have the story be that the BE snatched a top recruit from UCLA; that would be awesome press for the league...If X or Butler got him it would be like UConn losing out on Larrier to VCU, a statement about the emergence of a program on the trail.

But for the BE as a whole I think its a no-brainer it would be better if X signed him, just like it helped the league more that SHU got whitehead & created a top 5 class. If SJU signed IW, it would have been great for them of course, but having teams with top 5 classes is a sign of a true power conference. X would go from having a good class to making a HUGE statement with Bluiett in the fold, while BU would just be getting on the map. Imagine if SHU, Prov & X had top 10 classes this year, along with the Hoyas. What a statement & who would have saw that coming?

If I had to bet though, I think Miller is going to close the deal that Stevens started.

Bluiett would make Butler MUCH better next year and how ever long he stays (seems like a 2 or 3 and done kind of guy). X will have no problem being competitive with the class they have but Butler's is definitely weaker right now in terms of recruiting. I would think that a more competitive Butler with him plus the programs you mentioned would be better for the league in terms of perception than just recruiting class rankings. But I am pretty biased so....
Butler University '13
Xavier University '15
Bulldog_Muskie

Next

Return to Big East Recruiting