2014 SF Trevon Bluiett Decomits from UCLA

Big East hoops recruiting home

Re: 2014 SF Trevon Bluiett Decomitts from UCLA

Postby GoldenBat » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:33 pm

TheHall wrote:
SJU87 wrote:It's nice we all get along now. I hope there aren't bitter rivalries like Xavier and Dayton in this new league. I remember ACC fans wondering why Big East teams rooted for each other in the NCAA's. I always rooted for my fellow Big East teams come tournament time, even for Syracuse.

Agreed...the BE has always had an "us against the world" attitude, even with the rivalries...That's what it took to turn that upstart league in 1979 into the FS1 BEast it's become now. Don't see that changing...

Big East Over Everything
GoldenBat

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:59 pm

I hope he commits to Butler. X is already loaded, would be a coup for Coach Miller to land a top 50 recruit. He needs to commit to a Big East school first and foremost though.
Jet915

Postby xavierfano8 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:21 pm

It should be noted that he still wants to sign early. I think that bodes well for X and Butler because it doesn't really allow enough time for another school to come in like it would if he waited till spring.
Xavier University '12
xavierfano8

Postby TheHall » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:34 pm

Bulldog_Muskie wrote:
TheHall wrote:
GoldenBat wrote:Man, oh, man do I hope Butler pulls this off. No offense to Xavier, but you already have a good class. In any case, Butler needs some good news this off-season.

I would be happy just to have the story be that the BE snatched a top recruit from UCLA; that would be awesome press for the league...If X or Butler got him it would be like UConn losing out on Larrier to VCU, a statement about the emergence of a program on the trail.

But for the BE as a whole I think its a no-brainer it would be better if X signed him, just like it helped the league more that SHU got whitehead & created a top 5 class. If SJU signed IW, it would have been great for them of course, but having teams with top 5 classes is a sign of a true power conference. X would go from having a good class to making a HUGE statement with Bluiett in the fold, while BU would just be getting on the map. Imagine if SHU, Prov & X had top 10 classes this year, along with the Hoyas. What a statement & who would have saw that coming?

If I had to bet though, I think Miller is going to close the deal that Stevens started.

Bluiett would make Butler MUCH better next year and how ever long he stays (seems like a 2 or 3 and done kind of guy). X will have no problem being competitive with the class they have but Butler's is definitely weaker right now in terms of recruiting. I would think that a more competitive Butler with him plus the programs you mentioned would be better for the league in terms of perception than just recruiting class rankings. But I am pretty biased so....

On the court I want to agree it would be better to have Butler survive the bump up in conference well and they could benefit more...but I think we know a more competitive league sometimes gets the dreaded label of "parity", which high major conferences historically don't have a lot of.

But honestly I just need either one of them snatch Bluiett from UCLA, especially after UCLA snatched Kyle Anderson out of Jersey in 2012.
TheHall

Postby SJU87 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:58 pm

Butlers well has to be primed and the recruits will start flowing in when they see the program on the rise. Just like with Seton Hall. Theres still plenty of recruits left and they'll be decommits. The rest of our league like Depaul, Seton Hall and Butler can only get better because they got alot of openings.
I'd like to see Butler get this guy. Xavier will get others guaranteed.
SJU87

Postby TheHall » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:55 pm

SJU87 wrote:Butlers well has to be primed and the recruits will start flowing in when they see the program on the rise. Just like with Seton Hall. Theres still plenty of recruits left and they'll be decommits. The rest of our league like Depaul, Seton Hall and Butler can only get better because they got alot of openings.
I'd like to see Butler get this guy. Xavier will get others guaranteed.

Well has been primed!!

"Also, that (Kelan) Martin commitment to Butler is massive on the Trevon Bluiett recruitment. They are good friends & played together on AAU circuit."

https://twitter.com/ESidery/status/387332031249539072
TheHall

Re: 2014 SF Trevon Bluiett Decomits from UCLA

Postby Bulldawg » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:07 pm

Kelan Martin will likely be playing the 4 at Butler so this shouldn't affect Trevon who will be playing the 3. Xavier has always seemed pretty stacked at Trevon's position and Butler has the hometown advantage, he has a great friend on the team, and Butler looks to be a contender in 2014, it almost makes me wonder, why wouldn't this kid choose Butler?
Butler Basketball baby!
Bulldawg

Postby TheHall » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:32 pm

Bulldawg wrote:Kelan Martin will likely be playing the 4 at Butler so this shouldn't affect Trevon who will be playing the 3. Xavier has always seemed pretty stacked at Trevon's position and Butler has the hometown advantage, he has a great friend on the team, and Butler looks to be a contender in 2014, it almost makes me wonder, why wouldn't this kid choose Butler?

“[Martin] is a volume scorer,” Indiana Elite coach Barry Kroot told SNY.tv. “He’s a 3/4 mismatch. He will be able to dribble by a bigger 4 and he can post a smaller 3. He is a great mid-ranger shooter which is obviously a lost art. He provides Butler with a player they don’t currently have on the roster with his offensive skillset."

http://zagsblog.com/articles/kelan-martin-to-butler/
TheHall

Postby xavierfano8 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:33 pm

Actually the 3 is Xavier's weakest position. If he chooses X playing time would not be a problem as Justin Martin and Kamall Richards(Frosh) are the only true guys at the 3 spot unless X went small/big.
Xavier University '12
xavierfano8

Postby Bulldawg » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:22 pm

xavierfano8 wrote:Actually the 3 is Xavier's weakest position. If he chooses X playing time would not be a problem as Justin Martin and Kamall Richards(Frosh) are the only true guys at the 3 spot unless X went small/big.

For 2014's though you have Remmy Abel. I think Trevon made it clear he wants to be the main man based off what happened at UCLA, but Zavier definitely has a chance with what Mack's built there, plus you guys are relatively close to Indy.
Butler Basketball baby!
Bulldawg

PreviousNext

Return to Big East Recruiting