2014 SF Trevon Bluiett Decomits from UCLA

Big East hoops recruiting home

Re: 2014 SF Trevon Bluiett Decomitts from UCLA

Postby xavier1994 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:56 pm

TheHall wrote:
GoldenBat wrote:Man, oh, man do I hope Butler pulls this off. No offense to Xavier, but you already have a good class. In any case, Butler needs some good news this off-season.

I would be happy just to have the story be that the BE snatched a top recruit from UCLA; that would be awesome press for the league...If X or Butler got him it would be like UConn losing out on Larrier to VCU, a statement about the emergence of a program on the trail.

But for the BE as a whole I think its a no-brainer it would be better if X signed him, just like it helped the league more that SHU got whitehead & created a top 5 class. If SJU signed IW, it would have been great for them of course, but having teams with top 5 classes is a sign of a true power conference. X would go from having a good class to making a HUGE statement with Bluiett in the fold, while BU would just be getting on the map. Imagine if SHU, Prov & X had top 10 classes this year, along with the Hoyas. What a statement & who would have saw that coming?

If I had to bet though, I think Miller is going to close the deal that Stevens started.

Spoke to a couple of hs coaches in Indy and lets just say, at the moment, I'll take that bet.
xavier1994

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby GoldenBat » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:49 pm

TheHall wrote:
GoldenBat wrote:Man, oh, man do I hope Butler pulls this off. No offense to Xavier, but you already have a good class. In any case, Butler needs some good news this off-season.

I would be happy just to have the story be that the BE snatched a top recruit from UCLA; that would be awesome press for the league...If X or Butler got him it would be like UConn losing out on Larrier to VCU, a statement about the emergence of a program on the trail.

But for the BE as a whole I think its a no-brainer it would be better if X signed him, just like it helped the league more that SHU got whitehead & created a top 5 class. If SJU signed IW, it would have been great for them of course, but having teams with top 5 classes is a sign of a true power conference. X would go from having a good class to making a HUGE statement with Bluiett in the fold, while BU would just be getting on the map. Imagine if SHU, Prov & X had top 10 classes this year, along with the Hoyas. What a statement & who would have saw that coming?

If I had to bet though, I think Miller is going to close the deal that Stevens started.

I see what you mean, and I can buy it: we need powerhouses in this league more than we need competitive teams. Of course you want all of the teams to be competitive too, but wouldn't it be amazing if we put a couple of Final Four or Championship teams out there. I want that too. May the best Big East team win.

Big East Over Everything.
GoldenBat

Postby Bulldog_Muskie » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:47 pm

I think its worth mentioning that Michigan was very high on him as well before he committed to UCLA. (Fun fact: Former Butler player and candidate for HC job, Lavall Jordan, is the one recruiting him for UM). I would hate for them to swoop in and take him from either X or BU. I don't think Purdue will be a factor.

Also Jeff Goodman is saying Mich and IU have the "inside track" but I don't know how in the know he actually is
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/story/_/ ... mmits-ucla
Butler University '13
Xavier University '15
Bulldog_Muskie

Postby TheHall » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:56 pm

Bulldog_Muskie wrote:I think its worth mentioning that Michigan was very high on him as well before he committed to UCLA. (Fun fact: Former Butler player and candidate for HC job, Lavall Jordan, is the one recruiting him for UM). I would hate for them to swoop in and take him from either X or BU. I don't think Purdue will be a factor.

Also Jeff Goodman is saying Mich and IU have the "inside track" but I don't know how in the know he actually is
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/story/_/ ... mmits-ucla

BE over Everything...
TheHall

Postby SJU87 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:04 pm

Bulldog_Muskie wrote:
TheHall wrote:

Bluiett would make Butler MUCH better next year and how ever long he stays (seems like a 2 or 3 and done kind of guy). X will have no problem being competitive with the class they have but Butler's is definitely weaker right now in terms of recruiting. I would think that a more competitive Butler with him plus the programs you mentioned would be better for the league in terms of perception than just recruiting class rankings. But I am pretty biased so....

Who will you root for this year ? You got double the pleasure with your 2 schools added.
SJU87

Postby Bulldawg » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:09 pm

On 247, 3 experts have put in their crystal ball that he is going to Xavier, the other 2 think he is going to Butler. Should be very interesting, but I really am thinking he's going to Butler. I feel like in 2014 Xavier is going to be very crowded at the 2 and the 3 where Bluiett would likely play. If the kid wants minutes he'll go to Butler. Really hoping he does so we can at least salvage this class, if he goes to Xavier it's going to sting for a very long time.

Just from what I've heard IU and MU are out of the picture. And there are rumors floating around that he isn't interested in Purdue. Should be a good recruiting battle and would be a huge win for Brandon Miller.
Butler Basketball baby!
Bulldawg

Postby Bulldog_Muskie » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:27 pm

SJU87 wrote:
Who will you root for this year ? You got double the pleasure with your 2 schools added.

I want both to do well, but head to head I would root for Butler every time just because I have four years of memories on campus/at games for BU.
Butler University '13
Xavier University '15
Bulldog_Muskie

Postby SJU87 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:56 pm

It's nice we all get along now. I hope there aren't bitter rivalries like Xavier and Dayton in this new league. I remember ACC fans wondering why Big East teams rooted for each other in the NCAA's. I always rooted for my fellow Big East teams come tournament time, even for Syracuse.
SJU87

Postby TheHall » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:21 pm

SJU87 wrote:It's nice we all get along now. I hope there aren't bitter rivalries like Xavier and Dayton in this new league. I remember ACC fans wondering why Big East teams rooted for each other in the NCAA's. I always rooted for my fellow Big East teams come tournament time, even for Syracuse.

Agreed...the BE has always had an "us against the world" attitude, even with the rivalries...That's what it took to turn that upstart league in 1979 into the FS1 BEast it's become now. Don't see that changing...
TheHall

Postby GoldenBat » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:30 pm

xavier1994 wrote:
TheHall wrote:

Spoke to a couple of hs coaches in Indy and lets just say, at the moment, I'll take that bet.

Do you want to share some info?
GoldenBat

PreviousNext

Return to Big East Recruiting