2014 SF Trevon Bluiett Decomits from UCLA

Big East hoops recruiting home

Re: 2014 SF Trevon Bluiett Decomits from UCLA

Postby Bulldog_Muskie » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:37 pm

At this point I don't think anyone not named Bluiett has a clue of whats going to happen. There have been so many "concrete" statements made by so many people that I've lost track. Who knows, maybe IU will swoop in and steal him from everyone.

This is the first recruitment I've really followed closely and I'm thinking it will be my last! :x
Butler University '13
Xavier University '15
Bulldog_Muskie

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TheHall » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:32 am

Bulldog_Muskie wrote:At this point I don't think anyone not named Bluiett has a clue of whats going to happen. There have been so many "concrete" statements made by so many people that I've lost track. Who knows, maybe IU will swoop in and steal him from everyone.

This is the first recruitment I've really followed closely and I'm thinking it will be my last! :x

I've been there, Jersey boy Kyle Anderson two years ago signed w/UCLA. Hoyas fans were there with Nerlens Noel recently, both Prov w/Abu & Nova w/Newton this year. It happens but all those schools have done exceptionally well in moving on & so will BU. But imagine how UCLA fans must feel now, they had Bluiett committed, or so they thought! (Sweet revenge for SHU fans!)

No matter how this turns out, the Big East is just getting rolling so hang in there!
TheHall

Postby Bulldawg » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:09 pm

Something seems extremely off with this recruitment, because now on two occasions it has been reported that an announcement was going to be made to Xavier and the MSU, but something has thrown it off. With so many rumors, for all we know he could choose Memphis. This is definitely a wild recruitment, but whoever lands this kid has a star player in the making.
Butler Basketball baby!
Bulldawg

Postby TheHall » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:17 pm

Bulldawg wrote:Something seems extremely off with this recruitment, because now on two occasions it has been reported that an announcement was going to be made to Xavier and the MSU, but something has thrown it off. With so many rumors, for all we know he could choose Memphis. This is definitely a wild recruitment, but whoever lands this kid has a star player in the making.

Maybe lol!
TheHall

Postby NewBigEastConf » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:58 pm

Bluiett, Blackmon, Liles, Lyle, etc. It is a disturbing reality that reflects an ugly wart on the nose of sports. Kids have been held up so high for so long by the time they reach high school they don't have the tools to behave appropriately and make mature-thoughtful decisions. They're never told no and often times they turn into incorrigible little boys in adulthood. It is why we celebrate the "good guys" of professional sports - they are simply few and far between.
NewBigEastConf

Postby Bulldog_Muskie » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:09 pm

NewBigEastConf wrote:Bluiett, Blackmon, Liles, Lyle, etc. It is a disturbing reality that reflects an ugly wart on the nose of sports. Kids have been held up so high for so long by the time they reach high school they don't have the tools to behave appropriately and make mature-thoughtful decisions. They're never told no and often times they turn into incorrigible little boys in adulthood. It is why we celebrate the "good guys" of professional sports - they are simply few and far between.

Plenty of young people sign up for things only to realize later that it wasn't right. Plenty of freshman transfer after a semester or two, are they an ugly wart on academia?
Butler University '13
Xavier University '15
Bulldog_Muskie

Postby TheHall » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:37 pm

Bulldog_Muskie wrote:
NewBigEastConf wrote:Bluiett, Blackmon, Liles, Lyle, etc. It is a disturbing reality that reflects an ugly wart on the nose of sports. Kids have been held up so high for so long by the time they reach high school they don't have the tools to behave appropriately and make mature-thoughtful decisions. They're never told no and often times they turn into incorrigible little boys in adulthood. It is why we celebrate the "good guys" of professional sports - they are simply few and far between.

Plenty of young people sign up for things only to realize later that it wasn't right. Plenty of freshman transfer after a semester or two, are they an ugly wart on academia?

Hell I didn't make my college decision until the late spring of my senior year in hs...
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:51 pm

Friday's the day...B Snow.

"Not that this is a big surprise, but is indeed happening. Trevon Bluiett will announce tomorrow during the day per his father"

https://twitter.com/BSnowScout/status/396070153500114944
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:19 am

Evan Sidery:

"Just spoke to source, as many other media have confirmed, Bluiett will be announcing he is committing to Xavier today. Major get for Xavier."

https://twitter.com/ESidery/status/396247097051447296

Today we'll see...
TheHall

Postby admin » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:36 am

This is what we've been hearing for some time, but as people have pointed out, I'm not sure I would feel comfortable if I was any school until I had an actual signed LOR in hand.
admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Big East Recruiting