Is the new Big East helping recruiting?

Big East hoops recruiting home

Re: Is the new Big East helping recruiting?

Postby EMT » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:01 pm

The Friars have been recruiting very well since Ed Cooley was hired. This is three classes in a row that were very solid, including transfers.

They have more Top 100 kids on the roster or committed than ever before. This doesn't even include Cotton and Batts that were not highly recruited.

The fact that Big Ed has been able to get such high quality players without any success on the floor has us all really excited for the next couple of years.
EMT

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby xu1990 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:14 am

I know these off-season recruiting ranking aren't perfect or complete, but still nice to see. Seton Hall 4, Georgetown 5 and X at 9 after yesterday's commit. Providence and Villanova also top 25.

X Ranking.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xu1990

Postby SJU87 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:04 pm

Some black players shy away from the ACC South. If you were black and raised up North, would you go to school down there ?
33 years ago Patrick Ewing considered going to North Carolina instead of Georgetown. He went down to North Carolina and the KKK was having it's convention there and he said I don't wanna be here and went to Georgetown. True story. Things are a little better today but theres still plenty of racism down there.
The local players from DC up to NY just grew up with the Big East and instead of Pitt, Syracuse and WV being an option , they choose Seton Hall and Providence and St. John's and other Big East schools now.
And I'm sure the recruiters are telling the kids they'll be the big man on campus and won't be second fiddle to the football guys. Imagine being a Notre Dame basketball player at that football school ?

And don't let Syracuse, Pitt, Notre Dame and WV play games at the garden. They wanna play here to help their recruiting, why help them ?
SJU87

Postby ArmyVet » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:53 pm

xu1990 wrote:I know these off-season recruiting ranking aren't perfect or complete, but still nice to see. Seton Hall 4, Georgetown 5 and X at 9 after yesterday's commit. Providence and Villanova also top 25.

I think if the league can show that it is among the best this year, the recruiting windfall next off season could be tremendous.
ArmyVet

Postby TheHall » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:56 pm

If today's news doesn't put this question to bed I really don't know what will lol.......
TheHall

Postby JOPO » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:18 am

And what is today's news? Sounds like whatever it is the news is at least good if not better! :D
As always, this is Just One Pirate's Opinion!
JOPO

Postby TheHall » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:56 am

JOPO wrote:And what is today's news? Sounds like whatever it is the news is at least good if not better! :D

Butler got on the board with 4* PF Kelan Martin! Meaning 8 out of 10 BE schools now have at least 1 top 100 player.
TheHall

Postby JOPO » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:02 pm

TheHall wrote:
JOPO wrote:And what is today's news? Sounds like whatever it is the news is at least good if not better! :D

Butler got on the board with 4* PF Kelan Martin! Meaning 8 out of 10 BE schools now have at least 1 top 100 player.

Sounds good to me! Congrats to Butler on the nice pick-up!
As always, this is Just One Pirate's Opinion!
JOPO

Postby ElDonBDon » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:51 am

http://chronicle.augusta.com/sports/col ... Wo.twitter

“They don’t have football, so everything is based on basketball,” Hill said.

Not only was Marquette’s status as a basketball school an important trait for Hill, but it is also part of the Big East Conference.

I absolutely LOVE reading this. What's that? Mizzou? Don't you want to be in a basketball-first conference? Don't you wanna be top dog on campus? Apparently, he and a bunch of other recruits do want to be top dogs...and top cats, friars, eagles, etc.
ElDonBDon

Postby TheDon » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:28 pm

ElDonBDon wrote:http://chronicle.augusta.com/sports/college/2013-10-13/aquinas-ahmed-hill-expects-contribute-when-he-gets-marquette#.UlwY04ZFjWo.twitter

“They don’t have football, so everything is based on basketball,” Hill said.

Not only was Marquette’s status as a basketball school an important trait for Hill, but it is also part of the Big East Conference.

I absolutely LOVE reading this. What's that? Mizzou? Don't you want to be in a basketball-first conference? Don't you wanna be top dog on campus? Apparently, he and a bunch of other recruits do want to be top dogs...and top cats, friars, eagles, etc.

So to answer OP's question - Hell Yes it helps!
TheDon

PreviousNext

Return to Big East Recruiting