SHU now has the 2 highest ranked recruits in BE

Big East hoops recruiting home

Postby TheHall » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:37 pm

Great article from Zags:
When Isaiah Whitehead committed to Seton Hall on Thursday afternoon, he automatically became the highest-ranked player in the Class of 2014 committed to a Big East school, according to the Scout.com rankings. In fact, Seton Hall now has the two highest-rated incoming recruits, with Whitehead at No. 12 and forward Angel Delgado at No. 42.

What if former BE schools Uconn, Lousville, & Syracuse were considered as well you ask:
Still, even if those three schools were still in the Big East, Whitehead would be the highest-ranked pledge headed to the league, and thus could become the face not only of Seton Hall, but of the Big East beginning in 2014.

What does this mean for the league:
“I told Isaiah and his family that,” said Lincoln coach Tiny Morton, who may well be coaching Whitehead as an assistant at Seton Hall in 2014. “I told him that he’s not just going to help Seton Hall, he’s going to help the Big East also because the Big East is new this year and he might be the face of the Big East if he do the right thing, which is huge.”

Mid-major my arse! The league is strong!

http://zagsblog.com/articles/whitehead-could-become-face-of-the-big-east-at-least-for-a-year/
Last edited by TheHall on Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
TheHall

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: SHU now has the higest ranked recruit in BE

Postby Daffron24 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:52 pm

TheHall wrote:Great article from Zags:
When Isaiah Whitehead committed to Seton Hall on Thursday afternoon, he automatically became the highest-ranked player in the Class of 2014 committed to a Big East school, according to the Scout.com rankings. In fact, Seton Hall now has the two highest-rated incoming recruits, with Whitehead at No. 12 and forward Angel Delgado at No. 42.

What if former BE schools Uconn, Lousville, & Syracuse were considered as well you ask:
Still, even if those three schools were still in the Big East, Whitehead would be the highest-ranked pledge headed to the league, and thus could become the face not only of Seton Hall, but of the Big East beginning in 2014.

“I told Isaiah and his family that,” said Lincoln coach Tiny Morton, who may well be coaching Whitehead as an assistant at Seton Hall in 2014. “I told him that he’s not just going to help Seton Hall, he’s going to help the Big East also because the Big East is new this year and he might be the face of the Big East if he do the right thing, which is huge.”

http://zagsblog.com/articles/whitehead-could-become-face-of-the-big-east-at-least-for-a-year/

Great grab for Seton Hall. Glad they are making strides to be contenders in the BE. I really think the BE is going to surprise people ahem ESPN and perform really well.
"It's just the truth, we can't shoot"
Daffron24

Re: SHU now has the 2 highest ranked recruits in BE

Postby JOPO » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:46 pm

We traded the likes of Rutgers and South Florida for Butler, Creighton and Xavier. That's a step up not a step down! The Big East, as always, will remain a high major conference and will always be in the conversation when talking about where the best college basketball in the country is played! UConn joined Conference USA for gods sake!
As always, this is Just One Pirate's Opinion!
JOPO

Re: SHU now has the 2 highest ranked recruits in BE

Postby TheHall » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:56 pm

JOPO wrote:

We traded the likes of Rutgers and South Florida for Butler, Creighton and Xavier. That's a step up not a step down! The Big East, as always, will remain a high major conference and will always be in the conversation when talking about where the best college basketball in the country is played! UConn joined Conference USA for gods sake!

Conference US-AAC :lol:
TheHall

Return to Big East Recruiting