Junior Lamomba transfers to Providence

Big East hoops recruiting home

Postby 78 friar » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Friars recently announced that 6-4 guard Junior Lamomba, a Canadian who played in Wisconsin, has transferred in and will have 3 years of eligiblilty beginning next year. Decently rated player out of high school, chose Cleveland State over offers from Cincy, UCLA, and a host of other High Division 1 schools. Apparently had some injury issues last year with Cleveland State and averaged 5 + points per game. From everything I've read, supposed to be a great athlete and great defender. Any other info out there in the Midwest?
78 friar

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Junior Lamomba transfers to Providence

Postby Mufan15 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:32 pm

He played in high school with Vander Blue (also the same high school Wesley Matthews attended) and if i remember correctly was a PG then. After his freshman year of high school he was highly regarded but fell off a bit after that; Marquette looked at him but never offered and he wasn't really considered a high-major player by the time he finished high school. He is a freak athlete though and certainly had a lot of potential when he was in high school. Saying all this though I haven't really followed him since it became clear Marquette wasn't all that interested and I'm not sure how he has developed.
Mufan15

Postby TheHall » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:49 pm

78 friar wrote:Friars recently announced that 6-4 guard Junior Lamomba, a Canadian who played in Wisconsin, has transferred in and will have 3 years of eligiblilty beginning next year. Decently rated player out of high school, chose Cleveland State over offers from Cincy, UCLA, and a host of other High Division 1 schools. Apparently had some injury issues last year with Cleveland State and averaged 5 + points per game. From everything I've read, supposed to be a great athlete and great defender. Any other info out there in the Midwest?

Just submitted your question to Adam Finkelstein of NEER.
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:02 pm

Adam basically co-signed your statement about Lamomba, supposed to be a great athlete and great defender. Says Junior will do very well in Cooley's system.
TheHall

Postby 78 friar » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:33 pm

Thank you Mr. The Hall. Very nice of you. Speaking of The Hall, What's this nonsense that Moore has informed SH coaches that he's going to Cincy, but hasn t visited Cincy and hasn't contacted Cincy of his decision? Stay on him and change his mind.
78 friar

Postby TheHall » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:40 pm

78 friar wrote:Thank you Mr. The Hall. Very nice of you. Speaking of The Hall, What's this nonsense that Moore has informed SH coaches that he's going to Cincy, but hasn t visited Cincy and hasn't contacted Cincy of his decision? Stay on him and change his mind.

Thanks for the complement Friar78. Btw I put a link up to the chat from Finkelstein in the other thread. I got 2 questions answered, one about Junior & the other about Prov knocking Uconn of its perch as top dog in NE. As far as Moore, I really hate to say it but.....c'mon man who got paid!
TheHall

Postby 78 friar » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:44 pm

Sure sounds like something going on. Word up here is the kid really wanted Seton Hall but coach (whether AAU or high school I don't know) was pushing him to Cincinnatti. How can you commit without visiting?
78 friar

Postby TheHall » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:57 pm

“It’s definitely a relief to have it over with,” Moore said via phone Tuesday night. “As it got to the end, it did get a little stressful and kind of confusing for me. I feel like I made a good decision.”

http://blogs.mycentraljersey.com/hoopshaven/2013/09/17/lindens-moore-chooses-cincinnati-over-seton-hall/

Quote says it all and it was his AAU coach.
TheHall

Return to Big East Recruiting