Question for X fans

Big East hoops recruiting home

Question for X fans

Postby 78 friar » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:35 pm

Friar fan who just joined the board. During the spring and summer of 2011, the Friars were heavily involved with both Semaj Christian and Kris Dunn. Basically we would have taken who ever committed first. You guys got Christian and we got Dunn. Dunn got hurt during the summer and didn't return to play until mid year and by the end of the season, everyone was thrilled with what we saw in Dunn's game and how bright of a future he could have. What was the general feeling of Semaj after one season?
78 friar

Question for X fans

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Question for X fans

Postby XBand15 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:23 am

I think the general feeling on Semaj after a year was that he has the potential to be a star. As a student who went to all the games last year and watched him develop, it was pretty clear to me that by then end of the year he was our best player. That being said there was still plenty of room for improvement. He showed very little ability to shoot from long range and also had some problems on defense, but all of these can be easily worked out. If he improves on defense and learns how to shoot outside so teams won't stuff the box and shut down his driving, he will be very hard to guard. I think we saw a lot of positive last year and I am personally excited to see him back out on the floor this year.
XBand15

Postby Blue Blobs Bro » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:50 am

could be xaviers best pg ever by the end
Blue Blobs Bro

Postby bmorex » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:07 am

He'll be drafted in the 1st round of the 2014 NBA Draft if he chooses to declare.
bmorex

Return to Big East Recruiting