Remaining '14 Big East Top 150 Targets

Big East hoops recruiting home

Re: Remaining Big East Top 150 Targets

Postby TheHall » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:10 pm

Chalmers0 wrote:Those schools have the luxury of waiting it out. They really have no benefit to offering right now since it's not like the kid can sign anyway. They typically can wait until the spring to see how their roster may be shaping out (transfers etc) and probably still get the kid if they want to.

Honestly, late signings like that to the bigger programs rarely work out for the kids but they still get enamored by the big name which can sometimes be hard to resist.

True but it seems like that's done with, Indy's now offered & Mich St. is prolly next. I still don't see how he fits in at Creighton given the 2 SF's they already have coming in. Here's a good interview from a month ago:

http://www.highschoolcubenews.com/news_article/show/325111
TheHall

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:25 pm

TheHall wrote:
Chalmers0 wrote:Those schools have the luxury of waiting it out. They really have no benefit to offering right now since it's not like the kid can sign anyway. They typically can wait until the spring to see how their roster may be shaping out (transfers etc) and probably still get the kid if they want to.

Honestly, late signings like that to the bigger programs rarely work out for the kids but they still get enamored by the big name which can sometimes be hard to resist.

True but it seems like that's done with, Indy's now offered & Mich St. is prolly next. I still don't see how he fits in at Creighton given the 2 SF's they already have coming in. Here's a good interview from a month ago:

Harrell even though he's 6'7 and growing can play the 2. Gilmore is a SF and Cunningham according to Coach Mac would be a stretch 4.
Jet915

Postby TheHall » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:25 pm

Jet915 wrote:
TheHall wrote:

Harrell even though he's 6'7 and growing can play the 2. Gilmore is a SF and Cunningham according to Coach Mac would be a stretch 4.

Although I agree about LG3 and Cunnigham, Harrell I'm not sure about. Watching Harrell I think he has a real chance to make the league. If that happens it won't be as a 2, like you said he's already 6'7 & he's growing. He's got Corey Brewer written all over his game. If he can somehow master the 2 then it's all over he'll be a BEAST, but outside of that someones transferring after 1 year if all 3 sign IMO.
TheHall

Postby Bluejay » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:23 pm

TheHall wrote:
Jet915 wrote:
TheHall wrote:

Although I agree about LG3 and Cunnigham, Harrell I'm not sure about. Watching Harrell I think he has a real chance to make the league. If that happens it won't be as a 2, like you said he's already 6'7 & he's growing. He's got Corey Brewer written all over his game. If he can somehow master the 2 then it's all over he'll be a BEAST, but outside of that someones transferring after 1 year if all 3 sign IMO.

Hall, I think that is exactly why Cunningham hasn't pulled the trigger for CU so far.

The real story is that in Creighton's offense, the 2, 3, and 4 are all interchangeable. I think it would work with all three guys just fine because of that, but I suspect Cunningham and his handlers don't fully appreciate how the Creighton offense runs and are a little concerned about playing time with two other guys of similar size.

Personally, I'd be okay if we signed a PG anyway (or even a traditional PF).
Bluejay

Postby TheHall » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:42 pm

Bluejay wrote:
Hall, I think that is exactly why Cunningham hasn't pulled the trigger for CU so far.

The real story is that in Creighton's offense, the 2, 3, and 4 are all interchangeable.
I think it would work with all three guys just fine because of that, but I suspect Cunningham and his handlers don't fully appreciate how the Creighton offense runs and are a little concerned about playing time with two other guys of similar size.

You nailed it there, but see the problem is that's at CU. These guys are also thinking about the next level and given the talent of the 3 players they should be IMO. None of them wants to take a chance at losing too many "development" minutes at a position they don't have a future at playing at the next level. Also all of them are at least 2 yr college ballers IMO who are going to want & need minutes. What I find most tantalizing about Cunningham is that he continues to list CU, even though the landscape has been clear for MONTHS now. My gut tells me he winds up at CU, even though my logical brain doesn't see it.
TheHall

Postby Burrito » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:59 pm

@adamzagoria: Adonis DeLaRosa tells @ben_Baskin of @snytv 4 schools working hardest: South Carolina, St. John's, Fordham & Pitt.
Burrito

Postby Jet915 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:11 pm

TheHall wrote:
Bluejay wrote:

The real story is that in Creighton's offense, the 2, 3, and 4 are all interchangeable.
I think it would work with all three guys just fine because of that, but I suspect Cunningham and his handlers don't fully appreciate how the Creighton offense runs and are a little concerned about playing time with two other guys of similar size.

You nailed it there, but see the problem is that's at CU. These guys are also thinking about the next level and given the talent of the 3 players they should be IMO. None of them wants to take a chance at losing too many "development" minutes at a position they don't have a future at playing at the next level. Also all of them are at least 2 yr college ballers IMO who are going to want & need minutes. What I find most tantalizing about Cunningham is that he continues to list CU, even though the landscape has been clear for MONTHS now. My gut tells me he winds up at CU, even though my logical brain doesn't see it.

I like your gut but I'm predicting Indiana or MSU (when they offer).
Jet915

Postby Burrito » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:13 pm

@adamzagoria: 2014 C Adonis Delarosa will announce April 18. Top 5 is South Carolina, St. John's, Rutgers, Fordham & Hofstra.

http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/delarosa ... -april-18/
Burrito

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:34 pm

Burrito wrote:@adamzagoria: 2014 C Adonis Delarosa will announce April 18. Top 5 is South Carolina, St. John's, Rutgers, Fordham & Hofstra.

http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/delarosa ... -april-18/

Oye! If SJU is battling for recruits with Fordham, Rutgers and Hofstra, how good can this kid be? If they do lose this battle, how bad will that be?
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby Burrito » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:24 am

Delarosa is a 3 star recruit, not a 5 star recruit, so he's not a game changer. His big issue was his weight. He's got it down from 330 to 270 pounds in the past year and has been playing well his senior year. The Georgetown staff was considering him as well recently but may have backed off.
Burrito

PreviousNext

Return to Big East Recruiting