Remaining '14 Big East Top 150 Targets

Big East hoops recruiting home

Re: Remaining Big East Top 150 Targets

Postby marquette » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:08 am

Yeah, probably a smart move by Buzz. We definitely need more size up front for next season, so we'll see how it works out. If he takes Malek's scholarship I doubt anyone would pitch a fit (given his recent disciplinary issues). I still wouldn't mind seeing Malek here if he can straighten things out, but the front-court is where we really need players next year. It could also just be oversigning with the belief that there will be a transfer next season, it seems like there usually is.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TheHall » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:34 pm

Drew Messmer ‏@AllMetroDrew:

2014 #100 ranked prospect PF Melvin Swift (@ThatBoySwift) Yates (TX) has reopened his list to #Uconn #SMU #Umass and #StJohns
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:38 pm

Hoyas247 ‏@Hoyas247:

Per a source, #Hoyas have upped their recruitment of '14 C Adonis Delarosa.
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:38 am

FWIW CourtCred.com is a legit news source:

@courtcred: Sources tell me Christ the King's Adonis De La Rosa will commit to Georgetown in the Spring...

This was from Zags a few weeks ago:

Adonis De La Rosa, a 6-foot-10 center from Christ the King in New York, is set to sign in the spring once he takes the SAT. Christ the King coach Joe Arbitello said Purdue, Wake Forest, Florida State, St. John’s, Seton Hall, SMU, Georgetown, Fordham and Hofstra were all recruiting De La Rosa. “He’s gotta take the SAT,” Arbitello said. “It will be no problem for him.” De La Rosa can’t take any official visits until completing the test, but he has a big upside after getting down to about 250 pounds.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/adonis-de-la-rosa-set-for-spring-signing/

TheHall

Postby TheHall » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:25 pm

@prepbullseye: Iowa State is now officially out on 6'7 2014 WF Josh Cunningham. Final list: Bradley, Creighton, DePaul, Okla, Indiana, SC.

Currently ESPN has Josh ranked 99th overall.
TheHall

Postby Jet915 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:28 pm

TheHall wrote:@prepbullseye: Iowa State is now officially out on 6'7 2014 WF Josh Cunningham. Final list: Bradley, Creighton, DePaul, Okla, Indiana, SC.

Getting the feeling Cunningham is looking for a blueblood offer (aka Michigan State). I'd be surprised if he went to any of the schools listed above except Indiana (or MSU) unless he doesn't get an offer.
Jet915

Postby TheHall » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:58 pm

Jet915 wrote:
TheHall wrote:@prepbullseye: Iowa State is now officially out on 6'7 2014 WF Josh Cunningham. Final list: Bradley, Creighton, DePaul, Okla, Indiana, SC.

Getting the feeling Cunningham is looking for a blueblood offer (aka Michigan State). I'd be surprised if he went to any of the schools listed above except Indiana (or MSU) unless he doesn't get an offer.

I'm getting the same feeling, but I'm wondering if those "blueblood" schools really wanted him why haven't they pulled the trigger already.
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:51 pm

Alex Bozich ‏@insidethehall:

Class of 2014 Morgan Park forward Josh Cunningham tells me that Tom Crean watched him last night and IU has offered. #iubb
TheHall

Postby friars321 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:02 am

PC still in the mix with JaQuan Lyle. #22 overall
We need a guard desperately with Cotton leaving. Would be a nice addition to the 3 frontcourt players already coming in 2014. PC really pursuing Lyle and Devonte Graham 4*, whom I know Creighton is also after. Tough competition for both.
friars321

Postby Chalmers0 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:22 am

TheHall wrote:
Jet915 wrote:

I'm getting the same feeling, but I'm wondering if those "blueblood" schools really wanted him why haven't they pulled the trigger already.

Those schools have the luxury of waiting it out. They really have no benefit to offering right now since it's not like the kid can sign anyway. They typically can wait until the spring to see how their roster may be shaping out (transfers etc) and probably still get the kid if they want to.

Honestly, late signings like that to the bigger programs rarely work out for the kids but they still get enamored by the big name which can sometimes be hard to resist.
Chalmers0

PreviousNext

Return to Big East Recruiting