4 star PF Paul White commits to Georgetown

Big East hoops recruiting home

Re: 4 star PF Paul White commits to Georgetown

Postby TheHall » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:16 pm

He LOCKED DOWN Mudiay too. Guarded him one on one for a lot of the game.

@SportNewsJunkie: Whitney Young Holds SMU Commit Emmanuel Mudiay to Nine First Half Points in Victory.
TheHall

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TheHall » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:25 pm

Whitney Young Beats Prime Prep:

Georgetown commit Paul White was phenomenal. The senior forward displayed his all-around game scoring, passing, and rebounding. He went for 29 points, 9 assists, and 5 rebounds. Duke-bound center Jahlil Okafor could not be stopped when he got the ball in the paint. He even led the break several times and passed it extremely well. Okafor had 24 points and 9 rebounds. SLU commit Miles Reynolds chipped in 11 points.

Emmanuel Mudiay showed more of a point guard game than looking to consistently score. He is a big guard that can put up points when he needs to though. The future SMU Mustang had 16 points. Class of 2016 shooting guard Terrance Ferguson lived up to his top 10 national ranking knocking down three after three along with being an elite athlete. He scored 20 points.

http://www.chicagohoops.hoops247.com/index.php/2011-08-04-18-06-26/2675-whitney-young-beats-prime-prep
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:16 pm

TheHall wrote:Got a chance to watch White last night as Young beat Tyus Jones & his little brother (dude is an 8th grader & he was playing ball on ESPN2....and he was good!). White stuffed that stat sheet: 17 pts, 9 reb, 7 assists, 1 stl & 2 blks in a game where Jahil Oakafor went for 22 & 15. White is a Jeff Green clone period. Here's my 2 cents about his game.

Pos
- White has a high bball IQ. He's asked to do a lot for Young and he played the entire game.
- He seemed like the leader on the court for Young which surprised me given Okafor's presence. He was doing the Kevin Garnet-Peyton Manning stuff.
- He played mostly from the high post where he helped facilitate the offense even though he also played on the wings, even out to the 3, bringing the other team's big away from the basket.
- He has enough handle to lead the break off a rebound or even help break a press. Sometimes they let him bring it up just to give the guards a break from Tyus Jones & his little brother.
- Most impressive though was how White worked with a true big man in Oakafor. Feeding the post, cutting to the basket, throwing lobs, kick outs for open J's...the way they played off one another I'm surprised they didn't commit to the same school. I don't know who will be playing center with White at Gtown but he will make them better.

Negs
- He is very thin & makes me wonder if he may really be a 6-9 SF. Not sure he will be an impact freshman just because of the time it may take him to develop cbb strength.
- His explosion seemed ok, but who knows it was only one game.
- I don't know how he only scored 4 points over the weekend in a loss at the Chicago Elite Classic. It's early but that also reminds me of Jeff Green, dude knows how to disappear some games. So far White has scored 4, 25, & now 17 in his first 3 games.

Game Review:

"If you think about it, we have a young man (Paul White) going to Georgetown and today he had a Georgetown-esque game."

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/rj6TNu9DEkWZyoma-n1zGw/whitney-young-rebounds-with-win-over-no-16-apple-valley.htm

Others:

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello: Paul White was on a roll in the summer before he suffered a broken arm at the Peach Jam. Looks like he hasn't missed a beat since recovering.

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria: Georgetown-bound Paul white also looks impressive for Whitney Young, has a nice midrange game.

D1 Circuit ‏@D1Circuit: Paul White just had a nasty block and was whistled for a foul. He made sure to let the kid know about it #TrashTalk

Jeremy Woo ‏@Jeremy_Woo:
Paul White looks great. He's putting it all together. Extremely happy to see it.

Here's the full game see for yourself:

TheHall

Postby yaboynyp » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:14 pm

Doubt he plays much PF for Gtown initially Hall.. Was recruited as a SF more than anything else with Ike Copeland playing the stretch 4...
yaboynyp

Postby TheHall » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:24 pm

yaboynyp wrote:Doubt he plays much PF for Gtown initially Hall.. Was recruited as a SF more than anything else with Ike Copeland playing the stretch 4...

Agree and I see Peak mostly at the 2 in college not the 3 & Tre at the 1. Still need a 5. Also I made that review early in the season, White's game is blowing up even more now.
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:56 pm

Get 2 The Game featuring Paul White.

TheHall

Postby TheHall » Tue May 06, 2014 6:15 pm

Solid local interview with White. I think he's going to be an excellent 4-year player. Maybe 3 years if he gets his man-body sooner.

http://www.csnchicago.com/node/1458461/youngs-paul-white-perseveres-despite-rough-chicago-streets
TheHall

Previous

Return to Big East Recruiting