4 star PF Paul White commits to Georgetown

Big East hoops recruiting home

Re: 4 star PF Paul White commits to Georgetown

Postby Burrito » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:23 pm

Georgetown wanted White or Bentil, not both. The only guy I am interested in at this point is Elbert Robinson . We could use a center.

It would be great if Providence could get Bentil.
Burrito

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TheHall » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:13 am

TheHall

Postby TheHall » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:18 pm

Rehab seems to be going very well given White suffered such a gruesome injury in breaking his arm this summer. Hoya fans have gotta love seeing this.

http://instagram.com/p/envgd-Mo_X/#
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:48 pm

More from White's rehab progress. I really think the injury this summer has led White to be severely underrated, possible 5* talent.

http://instagram.com/p/e2LhzPKygd/#
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:19 pm

Good article from the Chicago Sun Times about PW & his top 5 hs Whitney Young. I'm expecting him to shoot up the rankings this year with a big comeback on the court.:

Young center Jahlil Okafor is the top player in the country and the primary reason the Dolphins are the Sun-Times’ top-ranked team for the 2013-14 basketball season. The 6-11 big man isn’t the key to Young’s season though. That falls on the shoulders of the recently injured, newly focused Paul White.

White, a 6-9 forward, has been a bit of an enigma during his high school career. All the tools have always been there: size, athleticism, skills. But somehow things have never seemed to totally click. He’s had a successful three-year varsity career, but never took the step forward into the dominant force his national ranking shows he is capable of. This may be the year. White broke his right arm over the summer in a club basketball game. The experience has changed him as a player and a person.

Some scouts have referred to White as “the bootleg Jabari Parker.” That’s more of a compliment than it appears to be. White, like Parker, is one of the few players in the country than can legitimately play all five positions. He just couldn’t play any of them as well as Parker. "Jabari is a great player but I would never want to say I’m a bootleg version of somebody,” White said. “I’m Paul White. Whatever comparisons you guys want to make is fine. This year I’m looking to make up for all that lost time and leave my mark on CPS basketball and on the nation.

http://www.highschoolcubenews.com/news_article/show/312172?referrer_id=599124&utm_source=buffer&utm_campaign=Buffer&utm_content=buffer4e25b&utm_medium=twitter
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:34 am

Great interview with White where he talks about various things.

http://www.highschoolcubenews.com/news_article/show/316363?referrer_id=677720
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:50 am

Paul White's Whitney Young plays tonight at 7p ET on ESPU2 vs. Apple Valley High (Minn.) who's PG is ESPN #4 Tyus Jones (Duke). Young also has ESPN #1 Jahlil Okafor (Duke). White went for 25 in Young's last game.
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:26 pm

Got a chance to watch White last night as Young beat Tyus Jones & his little brother (dude is an 8th grader & he was playing ball on ESPN2....and he was good!). White stuffed that stat sheet: 17 pts, 9 reb, 7 assists, 1 stl & 2 blks in a game where Jahil Oakafor went for 22 & 15. White is a Jeff Green clone period. Here's my 2 cents about his game.

Pos
- White has a high bball IQ. He's asked to do a lot for Young and he played the entire game.
- He seemed like the leader on the court for Young which surprised me given Okafor's presence. He was doing the Kevin Garnet-Peyton Manning stuff.
- He played mostly from the high post where he helped facilitate the offense even though he also played on the wings, even out to the 3, bringing the other team's big away from the basket.
- He has enough handle to lead the break off a rebound or even help break a press. Sometimes they let him bring it up just to give the guards a break from Tyus Jones & his little brother.
- Most impressive though was how White worked with a true big man in Oakafor. Feeding the post, cutting to the basket, throwing lobs, kick outs for open J's...the way they played off one another I'm surprised they didn't commit to the same school. I don't know who will be playing center with White at Gtown but he will make them better.

Negs
- He is very thin & makes me wonder if he may really be a 6-9 SF. Not sure he will be an impact freshman just because of the time it may take him to develop cbb strength.
- His explosion seemed ok, but who knows it was only one game.
- I don't know how he only scored 4 points over the weekend in a loss at the Chicago Elite Classic. It's early but that also reminds me of Jeff Green, dude knows how to disappear some games. So far White has scored 4, 25, & now 17 in his first 3 games.

Game Review:

"If you think about it, we have a young man (Paul White) going to Georgetown and today he had a Georgetown-esque game."

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/rj6TNu9DEkWZyoma-n1zGw/whitney-young-rebounds-with-win-over-no-16-apple-valley.htm

Others:

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello: Paul White was on a roll in the summer before he suffered a broken arm at the Peach Jam. Looks like he hasn't missed a beat since recovering.

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria: Georgetown-bound Paul white also looks impressive for Whitney Young, has a nice midrange game.

D1 Circuit ‏@D1Circuit: Paul White just had a nasty block and was whistled for a foul. He made sure to let the kid know about it #TrashTalk

Jeremy Woo ‏@Jeremy_Woo:
Paul White looks great. He's putting it all together. Extremely happy to see it.
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm

White & Whitney Young play USATODAY #4 Dallas Prime Prep (Deon Sanders created School) & 2014 Top 5 PG Emmanuel Mudiay (SMU) on ESPN2 tonight at 7p ET.
TheHall

Postby yaboynyp » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:56 am

29 points 9 assists 5 rebounds …. Image
yaboynyp

PreviousNext

Return to Big East Recruiting