It's Early but Sucks being Pitt Right Now.

Big East hoops recruiting home

Re: It's Early but Sucks being Pitt Right Now.

Postby 78 friar » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:53 am

No one deserves to get hammered more than Pitt. They made a living recruiting NY City for years because they were playing in the NY area 4 or 5 times annually (St. johns, SH, BE Tournament, etc.) . Avoid them at all costs and watch them and West Virginia fade into mediocrity.
78 friar

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:34 am

I LOVE this!!!! I made mention in a previous post what a great recruiting area the DC to NYC, and how the old BE teams might struggle with recruiting just as WVU did. DC, Baltimore, Philly, NNJ, NYC & Long Island are absolute hotbeds for talent. This is why coaches like Boeheim, Pitino, Coach K, etc. try really hard to get games in those areas every year. Let me cast my vote for: SCREW 'EM! I will miss games vs. UCONN, L'Ville and the Cuse. I always hated Pitt and their excessive handchecking D and their quick exits from the tourney. Scottie Reynolds' floater in the lane to beat Pitt and get to the FF a few years back will always be one of my personal college hoops Top 5 plays. Sh!tt on Pitt!!!
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby TheHall » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:00 am

78 friar wrote:No one deserves to get hammered more than Pitt. They made a living recruiting NY City for years because they were playing in the NY area 4 or 5 times annually (St. johns, SH, BE Tournament, etc.) . Avoid them at all costs and watch them and West Virginia fade into mediocrity.

Even though it hasn't been for as long, you could same thing about Cincy with Cronin. Look at this list of 4* & 5* NY area recruits he's successfully signed: Lance Stephenson, Jermaine Sanders, Shaq Thomas, Jermaine Lawrence. This foolishness must end and it looks like that's exactly what Willard is doing!
TheHall

Postby Daffron24 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:21 pm

I think it's always sucked to be Pitt. If you look at their last ten years they have many successful regular seasons and flamed out in the NCAA tournament. 3 sweet 16s since 2004 is an accomplishment, but not when you are getting 1, 2, or 3 seeds you should have more than one elite 8.
"It's just the truth, we can't shoot"
Daffron24

Postby TheHall » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:32 pm

Daffron24 wrote:I think it's always sucked to be Pitt. If you look at their last ten years they have many successful regular seasons and flamed out in the NCAA tournament. 3 sweet 16s since 2004 is an accomplishment, but not when you are getting 1, 2, or 3 seeds you should have more than one elite 8.

Well put. Ben Howland = Jamie Dixon = Overrated Media Darlings
TheHall

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:01 pm

Daffron24 wrote:I think it's always sucked to be Pitt. If you look at their last ten years they have many successful regular seasons and flamed out in the NCAA tournament. 3 sweet 16s since 2004 is an accomplishment, but not when you are getting 1, 2, or 3 seeds you should have more than one elite 8.

I always thought their style of play hurt them in the tourney. They were used to refs who swallowed the whistle and let them play in the brusing oBE. When they'd hit tourney time and find out that they couldn't handcheck guys all over the place, they couldn't adjust. Pitino has had to adjust his defensive style at times when getting to the tourney. I remember oBE games in which his guys would absolutely hack for 40 straight minutes. If refs didn't call it early, his teams would take advantage.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby TheHall » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:20 pm

and they couldn't shoot...ever.
TheHall

Postby Burrito » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:58 pm

UConn's been losing a bunch of recruiting battles recently.

Pascal Chukwu to Providence
Paul White to Georgetown
Terry Larrier just committed today to VCU

Life after Calhoun in the AAC isn't so wonderful. Wonder if they get Devin Robinson.
Burrito

Postby marquette » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:58 pm

Burrito wrote:UConn's been losing a bunch of recruiting battles recently.

Pascal Chukwu to Providence
Paul White to Georgetown
Terry Larrier just committed today to VCU

Life after Calhoun in the AAC isn't so wonderful. Wonder if they get Devin Robinson.

Exactly. As an interested observer of UConn I will be curious what kind of success Ollie has when he is bringing in his own players. I'm not so sure that he even has a chance. New conference and a new coach? Man, my mom is going to be pissed off this whole season (UConn alum).
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby yorost » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:11 pm

I wouldn't cry for UConn, yet. They have a 4 star this year and a 5 star for 2014, already. When they offer so many recruits they're going to 'lose' out on most of them, and it looks like they still have a number of top recruits still considering them. Were any of these losses top priorities for UConn?
yorost

PreviousNext

Return to Big East Recruiting