It's Early but Sucks being Pitt Right Now.

Big East hoops recruiting home

Postby TheHall » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:33 pm

Panther nation is getting crushed on the recruiting trail and doubts about the effect conference switching is having on Dixon's ability to recruit NY/NJ players. There most recent miss was SHU commit Kadreen Carrington. Saw this of the SB Nation Pitt Blog, CardiacHill.com:

"Disappointing but not entirely expected since Pitt really hasn't been mentioned in connection with him all that recently. For now, though, Pitt's 2014 recruiting is still moving along slowly."

http://www.cardiachill.com/2013/9/12/4721584/khadeen-carrington-seton-hall-recruiting-pitt-panthers-basketball-pittsburgh-panthers-commits

Commenters weren't so kind though:

"Deja72: Moving slowly is being far to nice. I do not see any quality prospects lining up to come to pitt at this point, I do hope that i am wrong in the long run but right now I am concerned. Looking at the list of targets that are considering pitt, we are not at the top of any of their lists and that to me is troubling."

I don't think it's coincidence that SHU & Prov are excelling on the trail at the same time Pitt, Cuse, Uconn & RU have left the BE. Recruiting is the lifeblood of hi-major programs!
Last edited by TheHall on Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheHall

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: It's Early but Sucks being Pitt Right Now.

Postby ElDonBDon » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:55 pm

Thanks for the link/info. Schadenfreude at it's finest. Good to hear that Pitt is suffering.
ElDonBDon

Postby TheHall » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:27 pm

ElDonBDon wrote:Thanks for the link/info. [url]Schadenfreude at it's finest[/url]. Good to hear that Pitt is suffering.

Only high quality Schadenfreude here...
TheHall

Postby Jet915 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:53 pm

Good to see, NYC area has a ton of great prospects, screw Pitt.
Jet915

Postby Burrito » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:22 pm

It'll be interesting to see if the old Big East schools are able to recruit as well from the NYC/ Philly/Washington DC triangle as they could in the past. Pitt is a prime example. Western Pennsylvania is not a great recruiting area.
Burrito

Postby QueRico » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:51 am

All though they took their departure to the extreme, WVU saw the bottom drop out on their NJ/NY recruiting efforts.
Even w/ a sizeable local alumni, they are not drawing any interest - when would anyone ever get to see them play?
(ashamedly, I enjoyed WVU crying about their current position of woe)
Pitt may very well wind up in the same boat, even though their TV situation will be better.
No one is clamoring for Pitt to schedule a game in NYC every year the way some other teams make a point of doing.
QueRico

Postby JOPO » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:58 pm

QueRico wrote:All though they took their departure to the extreme, WVU saw the bottom drop out on their NJ/NY recruiting efforts.
Even w/ a sizeable local alumni, they are not drawing any interest - when would anyone ever get to see them play?
Pitt may very well wind up in the same boat, even though their TV situation will be better.
No one is clamoring for Pitt to schedule a game in NYC every year the way some other teams make a point of doing.

Still, I wouldn't mind my Pirates scheduling a home and home against Pitt. Aside from the one early season tournament this year our OOC schedule is absolutely putrid this year with no high major teams at all. This needs to change in the worst way for next season.
As always, this is Just One Pirate's Opinion!
JOPO

Postby Burrito » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:12 pm

Pitt and West Virginia sued the Big East on their way out the door. Screw em.
Burrito

Postby TheHall » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:10 am

JOPO wrote:
QueRico wrote:All though they took their departure to the extreme, WVU saw the bottom drop out on their NJ/NY recruiting efforts.

Still, I wouldn't mind my Pirates scheduling a home and home against Pitt. Aside from the one early season tournament this year our OOC schedule is absolutely putrid this year with no high major teams at all. This needs to change in the worst way for next season.

Can't do it man. SHU is having it's best recruiting effort in ten years, the same year Pitt leaves the conference...Pitt used to recruit NJ\NY hard! Coincidence or not that has to be considered relevant. I wonder if the desperate for OOC partners angel is being over-hyped by us all anyway...this is the first year after major realignment everything is in flux. I just don't think BE teams are going to need to troll past members to address to the new, lesser (but still elite) conference schedule strength going forward. Recruit big, win a lot, and the bids will come, it's the BE.
TheHall

Postby Burrito » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:29 am

I think JT3 is trying to address that issue for Georgetown. Last year we played 3 OOC home games versus teams with RPIs over 250. This year, I only see 1 team with an RPI over 250. Looks like he is trying to raise the bottom.
Last edited by Burrito on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Burrito

Next

Return to Big East Recruiting