2014 4* SG Khadeen Carrington to Seton Hall

Big East hoops recruiting home

Re: 2014 4* SG Khadeen Carrington to Seton Hall

Postby billyjack » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:52 am

Wow, I've been really optimistic about our conference, but the recruiting by all of our teams is blowing away where I thought we'd be at this point. And this is just the beginning...! Great job Seton Hall...!
Providence
billyjack

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TheHall » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:08 pm

billyjack wrote:Wow, I've been really optimistic about our conference, but the recruiting by all of our teams is blowing away where I thought we'd be at this point. And this is just the beginning...! Great job Seton Hall...!

Heck of a compliment coming from the Cooley camp...
TheHall

Postby ElDonBDon » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:19 pm

This is great news! Nice job, Willard! Providence and St Johns have been doing a great job recruiting. Im really glad to see Willard and the Hall catching up, too. Hopefully these recruits translate to on-court success and we're seen as an overall tough, tough league, as opposed to a top-heavy league like the BigXII or ACC.
ElDonBDon

Postby billyjack » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:31 pm

TheHall wrote:
billyjack wrote:Wow, I've been really optimistic about our conference, but the recruiting by all of our teams is blowing away where I thought we'd be at this point. And this is just the beginning...! Great job Seton Hall...!

Hey Hall, though we disagree on the UConn thing, you're a great poster... thanks for the Pirate updates... looking forward to the Hall regaining its Top 10 status they had under PJ... clearly remember like it was yesterday when they blew the doors off UNLV and Duke in the E8 and FF games...
Providence
billyjack

Postby TheHall » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:51 pm

billyjack wrote:Hey Hall, though we disagree on the UConn thing, you're a great poster... thanks for the Pirate updates... looking forward to the Hall regaining its Top 10 status they had under PJ... clearly remember like it was yesterday when they blew the doors off UNLV and Duke in the E8 and FF games...

Thanks for the compliment bjack, I was just thinking the same thing about you & btw Michael Smith is the greatest rebounder in Big East history period....
TheHall

Postby JOPO » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:44 pm

billyjack wrote:
TheHall wrote:

Hey Hall, though we disagree on the UConn thing, you're a great poster... thanks for the Pirate updates... looking forward to the Hall regaining its Top 10 status they had under PJ... clearly remember like it was yesterday when they blew the doors off UNLV and Duke in the E8 and FF games...

A lot of Hall fans are looking forward to this as well!
As always, this is Just One Pirate's Opinion!
JOPO

Postby TheHall » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:38 pm

JOPO wrote:
billyjack wrote:Hey Hall, though we disagree on the UConn thing, you're a great poster... thanks for the Pirate updates... looking forward to the Hall regaining its Top 10 status they had under PJ... clearly remember like it was yesterday when they blew the doors off UNLV and Duke in the E8 and FF games...

A lot of Hall fans are looking forward to this as well!

Your turn Willard... get it done!
TheHall

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:17 am

Well done SHU. The key for Willard is going to be putting together multiple years in the Top 20. One great class is def good and it def helps. But I think SHU makes it's move only when they have 2 or 3 years straight of getting these types of players. Not trying to be a downer for SHU but rather show how difficult it is to compete in a big time conference if you are not getting great players consistently. Good for SHU. DePaul, Creighton and Butler need to start joining the party or else they may be leap frogged in a year or two by the Hall.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby TheHall » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:41 am

I agree but I have to admit, as surprised as I am to say, I think the 2014 class is the 2nd high level class in a row for WIllard. SHU 2013 Newcomers (Recruits & Transfers):

2013 4* SG Jared Sina
2013 3* PG Sterling Gibbs (Texas Transfer)
2013 3* SF Stephane Manga (JC Transfer - Ranked #19)

Not the class 2014 is shaping up to be but a good class nonetheless. SHU also received a verbal commit from a Top 150 SG for 2013, but he got arrested & never made it to campus. As for the importance of a good 2-3 year run that you mentioned, reports say Willard is doing well recruiting some big time local 2015 talent already.
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:03 pm

Khadeen made history at his school Bishop Loughlin:

"Carrington, who will play for Seton Hall, broke the program’s all-time scoring record in style, finishing off an alley-oop with 1:31 left in the game to give him 1,561 points. JayVaughn Pinkston, a former McDonald’s All-American currently at Villanova, previously held the record with 1,560. Carrington needed 26 points to break the record and finished with 28."

"It was in that third quarter where Williams, a Rutgers signee playing through planter fasciitis in his right foot, put in a layup after an offensive rebound to hit the 1,000-point mark for his career. He needed 13 points and finished with 18, eight rebounds, four assists and four blocks for the Lions (3-1, 3-0.)"

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/high-school/lion-loughlin-stars-hit-career-marks-article-1.1551018

Khadeen Carrington (left) and Mike Williams of Bishop Loughlin receive commemorative basketballs after career milestones on Tuesday in Brooklyn.

CONGRATS & GO PIRATES!!!
TheHall

PreviousNext

Return to Big East Recruiting