Seton Hall nabs Brooklyn star Whitehead

Big East hoops recruiting home

Re: Seton Hall nabs Brooklyn star Whitehead

Postby TheHall » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:04 pm

Highlights/Interview - Sports Stars of Tomorrow aired on NYC's Eye Witness News over the weekend

TheHall

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TheHall » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:30 pm

Here's a video of highlights from Lincoln's 1st game, a blowout of rival Grady 100-45. IW went for 23 and supposedly got a triple double in the blow out.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=754246981255338

Play Maker!
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:55 pm

IW & the Lincoln Railsplitters have been nationally ranked by most pubs this year. Recently they placed 5th in the mega City of Palms Classic, EVEN STILL Whitehead was named Co-MVP of the loaded tourny. They went 3-1 with only an OT loss to #1 in the country Montverde. IW won Co-MVP along with Montverde's 5* 2015 LSU commit PF Ben Simmons (He's a going t be a problem next year), by going for 25.5 ppg 5.5 apg, 6.5 rpg, 1.8 stls/gm, including a tounry high 37 point outburst against Decatur Greenforest Christian (GA). He also shot 44% FG%, 37% 3P FG & 75% FT in the 4 games.

http://www.cityofpalmsclassic.com/2013-scores-stats.php

Reviews:

The fans at the 2013 City of Palms Classic have seen many great players over the course of the week at Bishop Verot High School, and one at the top of the list is Lincoln’s Isaiah Whitehead... “I’m just trying to look forward to going in, working hard, and playing Seton Hall basketball,” the Brooklyn native said. Although he has just one semester remaining until he heads to South Orange to join the Pirates, Whitehead says his focus is still on Lincoln.

“This season I’m just trying to make my program Lincoln as known as possible,” Whitehead said when asked about his goals. “And then probably a state championship.” If he plays like he has so far in Fort Myers, a state championship is certainly within reason. Whitehead and his Lincoln team gave nationally-ranked Montverde Academy a scare, pushing them to overtime behind the guard’s 23 points and seven assists.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/seton-hall-pledge-whitehead-scorching-the-nets-at-city-of-palms/

Isaiah Whitehead, 2014 CG, Lincoln: Whitehead has a reputation as a big time scorer, which he is, scoring 10 points in one quarter and 7 in another. He is also a vastly underrated play maker who can run the point as well. This time last year his three point shooting was seen as a bit of a weakness, now it’s a major strength, and he’s the best scorer in the class because of it. He will be an absolute game changer for Seton Hall and should help to turn the program around. His performance throughout the week was so impressive that they had little choice but to name him Co-MVP. He also should be credited with the assist on helping Seton Hall land Desi Rodriguez.

http://future150.com/hs/basketball-news/plenty-of-excitement-at-championship-day-at-cop-11556

Here's some footage of the co-MVP getting loose:

GO PIRATES!
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:24 pm

More Reviews:

Game1
@BFlinnFuture150: 2014 Lincoln (NY) CG Isaiah Whitehead dropped 37 in the win over Greenforest Academy (GA) tonight. I Still think he's the top scorer in 2014

@scarberrymedia: Isaiah Whitehead drops 37 points in City of Palms DEBUT #Salute #CityofPalms

@jerrymeyer247: Seton Hall signee Isaiah Whitehead has really impressed. Looking like a physical, hard edged point guard. Tremendous passing.

@clintjackson1: Isaiah Whitehead is an alpha male scorer. He's big, strong, quick and talented. Give him the ball and get out of the way.

Game2
@JasonMorrowSM: Up next here will be one of the best match-ups, as Ben Simmons and Montverde take on Isaiah Whitehead and Lincoln (N.Y.)

@EvanDaniels: Montverde and Lincoln are headed to OT. Big time atmosphere. Packed gym. Teams competing. Whitehead & Rodriguez with 21. Simmons has 17.

@HSHoopsElite: Montverde holds on to beat Lincoln and avoid the upset. 74-70 final. Isaiah Whitehead put on a show.

@HSHoopsElite: 2014 Isaiah Whitehead played incredible. His stats did him no justice although he finished with 23 points, 7 assists, & 3 steals.

@RickLWeber: @DavidADorsey: "Montverde Academy defeats Brooklyn (N.Y.) Lincoln 74-70 in overtime" Yes, but Isaiah Whitehead may have turned in the greatest performance of the tournament so far. Electric. #CityofPalms

Game3
@JasonMorrowSM: Up next will be a duel, w/Miami-commit Ja’Quan Newton & Neumann-Goretti facing Seton Hall-commit Isaiah Whitehead & Lincoln (N.Y). #CityOfPalms

‏@jerrymeyer247: Lincoln by 5 over Neumann-Goretti. Isaiah Whitehead w 22 pts, 13 tbs, 6 asts. He was tremendous. Love the hard edge he plays with. #cityofpalms.

Game4
drew2288: Jalen Brown vs Isaiah Whitehead. Lincoln vs Wheeler. Should be a good match up.

‏@scarberrymedia: #SetonHall commit Isaiah Whitehead finishes with 20 points, 3 boards, 3 dimes in a Lincoln win over Wheeler.

@SantiB9: Isaiah Whitehead MVP en City of Palms, no me extraña nada.

In his own words:

@Isaiah_W15:
MVP OF CITY OF PALMS. #LINCOLN #WORK

GO PIRATES!
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:45 pm

IW City of Palms Mixtape

GO PIRATES!
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:44 pm

I think this video of IW verses Ben Simmons & #1 Montverde shows some of how he won co-MVP even though Lincoln only came in 5th.

"Seton Hall signee Isaiah Whitehead put his passing ability and court vision on full display against Montverde at the 2013 City of Palms Classic."

TheHall

Postby PhillyPirate » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:14 am

PhillyPirate

Postby TheHall » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:27 pm

PhillyPirate wrote:http://zagsblog.com/articles/whitehead-working-on-briscoe-to-seton-hall-slew-of-jersey-recruits-watch-seton-hall/

Lot of time left but Whitehead looks to be our best recruiter

"Isaiah Whitehead is trying to get another Isaiah to join him at Seton Hall in 2015. Isaiah Briscoe, that is. “He said he’s coming. He said in the summertime he’s coming,” the 6-foot-4 Whitehead told SNY.tv with a straight face. Asked if he was serious about what Briscoe had told him regarding his future, Whitehead said, “Yes.”

And how good could the two Isaiahs potentially be together in the Seton Hall backcourt in 2015?" “Best backcourt in the country,” said Briscoe, the Roselle (N.J.) Catholic guard who is also being recruited by Louisville, Arizona, Florida, Gonzaga, Oklahoma State, Rutgers and St. John’s, among others. “We proved that in the [Nike] EYBL already. When [Whitehead] was there we lost two games. Unstoppable.” Said Whitehead: “I don’t think anybody could beat us.”

GO PIRATES!!!
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:37 pm

Salute goes out to Isaiah on being named the BE's lone rep in this year's McD's AA game!

When his name was shown on the nationally-televised selection show, Whitehead smiled — an outburst for the unassuming star — while his mother, Ericka Rambert, said she screamed out in joy. “It feels great, it’s a dream come true,” Whitehead said. “At first I was kind of nervous. They picked two shooting guards [before me]. I kind of didn’t think I was going to get picked. When I saw my name, it was a sigh of relief.

When Isaiah Whitehead was beginning to take basketball seriously years ago, Jermaine Brown told him one day he would play in the McDonald’s All-American Game, the prestigious all-star showcase featuring the top 24 high school prospects in the country.

On the day that dream became a reality, the jovial and kind-hearted Brown was in a hospital room fighting for his life after suffering a brain aneurysm on Monday. “I’m always thinking about him,” Whitehead said of the Lincoln assistant coach in a phone interview shortly after he was selected. “I’ve known him all my life. He told me I could do this and I kept on going harder and harder, and here I am today.”

http://nypost.com/2014/01/29/whitehead-selected-as-an-all-american/

“It means everything,” the 6-foot-5 Whitehead told SNY.tv. “Starting your high school career, you strive to be one so this just feels amazing.” Whitehead is the first Seton Hall commit to make the game since Andre Barrett and the late Eddie Griffin in 2000 and the first New York City player since Loughlin’s JayVaughn Pinkston in 2010.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/mcdonalds-all-americans-named/

Over the years Lincoln HS has been well represented in the McDonald’s All-American Game, the most prestigious high school all-star game in the country. Isaiah Whitehead can now add himself to the list of outstanding players who’ve been invited to the game after receiving the news last Wednesday. “Every high school player wants to be an All-American,” Whitehead said Tuesday after scoring 25 points in a 72-55 win at Boys & Girls. “Just by me being chosen is an amazing feeling.”

Lincoln head coach Dwayne Morton has coached former All-Americans Lance Stephenson and Sebastian Telfair. Former Railsplitter and Knick Stephon Marbury also played in the game. “It feels great knowing I coached three All-Americans,” Morton said. Morton has seen his latest star grow over the years and understands how big of a deal this prestigious honor is for Whitehead.

Whitehead, the Seton Hall-bound guard, has averaged over 20 points a game this season. His ability to use his crossover dribble and spin move has proven a deadly combination on the court. He also has an impressive pull-up jumper. It’s that versatility that has him listed among the nation’s best players.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/high-school/whitehead-mcdonald-nod-lovin-article-1.1602390

TheHall

Postby TheHall » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:54 pm

IW & Lincoln just finished the NYC PSAL regular season undefeated. Now comes the burough playoffs. Here's some highlights in the final game of the regular season against Jefferson. Whitehead went for 31 & Desi went for 18.

Go Pirates!!!
TheHall

PreviousNext

Return to Big East Recruiting