X recruiting

Big East hoops recruiting home

X recruiting

Postby jayball » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:16 pm

Saw the X is being sued by Dez Wells and that somehow and recruit found out X didn't want him anymore on Twitter.

Any X fans have more info or context?

Seems like things that could be used against the school in future recruiting.
jayball

X recruiting

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: X recruiting

Postby Chalmers0 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:35 am

Not entirely concerned about the Dez situation, It's a mess that probably isn't even worth getting into. I'm assuming a settlement will come out of it and we will never know the true outcome.

I'll try to give some background (at least what I know) on Melvin Swift. He apparently was a family friend or something of that nature of former assistant (now Villanova assistant) Ashley Howard. Howard got him to commit to X last year (and Mack to take his commitment), which at the time X fans were pretty pumped about since he appeared to be a 4 star, high upside talent. Flash forward and the situation completely changed. Howard (the only coach who ever really spoke to him or had any relationship with him) leaves for Villanova. Swift didn't make it to a single AAU event or NBA Top 100 camp due to "summer school" and has plummeted in the rankings due to lack of improvement seen over the last year. He also has tweeted about having a kid on the way with what appears to be someone who already has another kid. Also from what I've read/heard, there is no way he actually "found out" via twitter. I don't really know what stunt he is trying to pull there to discredit X or something but I would put little to no stock into that. I'm definitely glad ties were cut, he seems to have some major maturity issues as well as potential academic/family issues to deal with as well. In normal circumstances I'm not the biggest fan of having a scholarship pulled but in situations like these were there is no staff relationship and the kid obviously hasn't held up his end. I'd rather a scholarship be pulled then have him transfer out in a year or two.
Chalmers0

Re: X recruiting

Postby admin » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:57 am

Former Xavier guard Dez Wells has filed a federal lawsuit against the school and its president, demanding an apology and damages for being wrongly dismissed from the university, ESPN has confirmed.

Yahoo! Sports first reported the lawsuit on Tuesday night.

Wells, who transferred and received a waiver to play at Maryland last season, was kicked out of school in 2012 following an allegation of sexual assault. No charges were filed after Wells was cleared by the grand jury, and Hamilton County (Ohio) prosecutor Joe Deters even told media that the allegation "didn't reach anything close to a standard of proof."

"From the moment the nightmare began, I've been trying to get everyone to understand that I am innocent," Wells said in a statement obtained by ESPN.com. "The supposed leaders at Xavier destroyed my reputation. It needs to make this right. Xavier needs to set the record straight."

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... ds-apology
admin
Site Admin

Return to Big East Recruiting