JP Macura - 2014 SG (CU, Butler, XU)

Big East hoops recruiting home

Re: JP Macura - 2014 SG (CU, Butler, XU)

Postby TheHall » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:28 am

Great stat from MN Buckets:

"Not sure the record of least amount of games to get 1000 pts, but JP Macura of Lakeville North hit that mark tonight after 36 games I'm told"

https://twitter.com/mnbuckets/status/413874798540750848
TheHall

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby RomainSato10 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:15 am

Insane Dawg wrote:I now see why Bluiett and Macura picked Xavier. They will both be starters next year. If Christon doesn't come back Xavier has very little returning. Mack should thank the heavens and the alignment of the stars for tis recruiting class. I cannot see them competing against Jones, Dunham, Chrabacz, Brown, Woods, Castro, Barlow , Martin, Berry and Wideman next year.

X probably shouldnt even show up to play butler next year, its over. Thanks for pointing this out for all the fans not to waste their time. Bluiett and Macura both will not start next year, I could see Bluiett starting but thats not a foregone conclusion. If Semaj is on the team next year minutes will be awfully tough in the backcourt with Dee Davis, Myles Davis, Remy Abell, and Brandon Randolph with experience. With frontcourt returning minus Philmore next year, I would imagine X might be one of the favorites or certainly top 3-4 in the Big East.

I've watched about 5 Butler games this year and credit Miller as he is doing a lot with little. Dunham has been fantastic and I like Woods. But man, Castro, Martin, Berry, Wideman!!!! LOOK OUT! You have been warned big east, cant compete with those stars.........
RomainSato10

Postby TheHall » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:13 pm

Finally got to see JP play a couple of games including his 48 pt outburst in Lakeville North's only loss of the season (7-1). At 6-4 Macura's long, bouncy & highly skilled. He can shoot from anywhere on the court, off the dribble, spot up, alley oops, whatever. He seemed to get a highlight LBJ chase down block every game I saw. He routinely plays PG & he plays hard. He's not smooth at all, elbows and knees coming at you fast. His shot is not over-hyped from what I saw. Straight up defense not so much. He tired big time in the loss to a good Hopkins team, which is the only reason they lost. His conditioning and bulk will improve in college. The best comparison I can think of so far is Jeremy Lamb when he came out of hs- an athletic but awkward looking SG that can play PG with elbows & knees coming at you & a killer jumper. If he was 4 inches taller I would say Mike Dunlevey. Everyone has hhim at 4* but Rivals has him at #104 & ESPN doesn't rank him yet but IMO he seems like a top 75-80 player who will be a very good 4 year player.

Here's a link to a game between Lakeville North & South. JP went for 28 in the 20 pt blowout.

http://www.highschoolcube.com/event/lakeville-south-lakeville-north-boys-varsity-high--330434

On the season JP is averaging 37.4 ppg & shooting 90.3% FT. In his last game in 84-81 win against Shakopee, Macura was held to 33. Here's a highlight reel of JP's 48pt game. Hopkins has an all-world sophomore in SG Amir Coffey who went for 20 in that game who's featured too.

TheHall

Postby TheHall » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:41 pm

TheHall

Postby TheHall » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:25 pm

JP's team will be playing in the CU recruit Alex Illikainen & Grand Rapids in the Timberwolves Shootout in MN this weekend. Here's a link to the stream. It's an early start 10:15a ET. That's a rough turnaround given they have a huge division game tonight.

http://www.highschoolcube.com/event/lakeville-north-vs-grand-rapids-timberwolves-shoot-332036
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:40 am

Saturday is the 18th annual Timberwolves Shootout.

Game 1: 9:15 AM #3AAAA Lakeville North (7-1) vs Grand Rapids (8-2)

This game features one of the state's top guards taking on one of the state's top big men. Lakeville North features Xavier signee J.P. Macura. Macura is currently ranked #104 nationally per Rivals.com. He's averaging 37.4 PPG this season including a 55 point outburst vs section rival Farmington. The rest of the Panthers can fill it up too. Wing Connor Flack and guard Alex Reiland also average double figures. Soph lefty Drew Stewart is a dangerous shooter. Center Bronson Bruneau will walk-on with the Duke football program as a long snapper. One worthy note is that Lakeville North has a critical conference matchup at Eagan on Friday night. That short turnaround could be a factor.

Grand Rapids features the top junior big man in the state, Alex Illikainen. He's averaging 27.2 points per game this season. That's picking up where he left off from last season when he averaged 27 points and 15 rebounds per game. He's currently ranked #83 nationally per Rivals.com. He holds offers from Minnesota and Indiana amongst others and just visited Creighton. The Thunderhawks will be without last year's other double figure scorer AJ Watland due to a torn ACL suffered in the offseason.

Czar's Pick: Lakeville North. This will be the ugliest game of the day. Lakeville North has too much firepower and is too well coached. North in a blowout.

http://tchoops.blogspot.com/2014/01/2014-timberwolves-shootout-preview.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TwinCitiesBoysHoops+%28Twin+Cities+Boys+Hoops%29
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:11 pm

Lakeville North Basketball ‏@LNHoopsOx: Congrats to @jpmacura on becoming the all time leading scorer in L/LN history last night!! JP has 1,151 points and counting!!
TheHall

Postby BEX » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:49 pm

BEX

Postby BEX » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:14 am

BEX

Previous

Return to Big East Recruiting