JP Macura - 2014 SG (CU, Butler, XU)

Big East hoops recruiting home

Re: JP Macura - 2014 SG (CU, Butler, XU)

Postby anXUfan » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:03 pm

X should be very good for years to come.
anXUfan

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby xsteve1 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:49 pm

Looks like JP dropped 57 points tonight
xsteve1

Postby Chalmers0 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:13 am

Not a bad way to follow up the 44 from his first game.

Between him and Bluiett hopefully we can put our scoring issues behind us after this year...
Chalmers0

Postby TheHall » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:40 pm

JP is underrated period, but he'll have the chance to change that because he plays in the same division as Top 5 PG Tyus Jones' national ranked Apple Valley (MN). Right out the gate dude is on fire. His team Lakeville North (MN) is 3-1 so far and JP is averaging 43.8 ppg! He set a new state record a few games ago with 57 points. In his last game a 5 point loss he went for 48, 6 rebs & 5 assists.

http://www.mnbasketballhub.com/roster_players/4037050

Here's some reports about his last game:

@RyanJamesMN: JP Macura scored his 48 points on 17 of 33 shooting including 5 treys and perfect shooting on 9 free throws

@kingschwab4215: Sounds like Macura went off tonight. Criminally undervalued. I wish the Gophs coulda landed him. Big miss

‏@sladewilliams17: Xavier got a good player in JP Macura. Guy can shoot, drive, and get up. Put up 48 against Hopkins. Wish he stayed in Minnesota.

@bphof21: Can the #Gophers flip JP Macura's commitment still? Good lord he's putting up some monster numbers. #gotaway

@RyanJamesMN: I feel like every breath I take is coupled with a JP Macura score. His offensive feel is so insane we may not appreciate it.

@CoachNACarroll: Don't really care who you got, I'll take JP Macura against anyone.

@Brimo24: Wow JP Macura just threw down on Hopkins right after blocking a dunk on the other end. Dude is for real!

All these reviews came in a loss!

NorthstarHoops: Hopkins and Lakeville North about to tip off! JP Macura loosening up his jumper: https://vine.co/v/h2teQ9vQ5vm

TheHall

Postby TheHall » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:42 pm

Xavier Commit J.P. Macura Fall Mixtape

TheHall

Postby TheHall » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:42 pm

He's a good review of Macura's last game, a loss to Hopkins in the Breakdown Tip Off Classic championship game.

The atmosphere at the Breakdown's Tip Off Classic picked up a notch when Lakeville North and Hopkins hit the floor in a high-scoring 89-84 victory for the Royals. Teams that had played stayed around to see this game...

Macura hit a three from super deep followed by a basket attack for a flashy two....

The highlights continued fast and furious: Coffey zipped a look into a wide open Sharp, Wright bounced a pass to Noble Fahnbulleh for a score, and Macura weaved to the rim and put crazy spin on a contested lay-in.

Playing at a high level at this point was Sharp, Coffey, and Macura. Problem for North was two of those guys play for Hopkins meaning a 43-33 Royal edge.

However, no lead is safe when Macura is around as the Xavier commit scored a trey and some foul shots putting the score at 45-39 Hopkins with a minute to go.

Fahnbulleh ran the floor for a lay-up but before he could get back Macura knocked down an NBA trey and it was a one point game at 64-63.

http://www.breakdownsportsusa.com/news_article/show/316259?referrer_id=165550

TheHall

Postby Insane Dawg » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:49 am

I now see why Bluiett and Macura picked Xavier. They will both be starters next year. If Christon doesn't come back Xavier has very little returning. Mack should thank the heavens and the alignment of the stars for tis recruiting class. I cannot see them competing against Jones, Dunham, Chrabacz, Brown, Woods, Castro, Barlow , Martin, Berry and Wideman next year.
Insane Dawg

Postby TheHall » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:39 pm

Insane Dawg wrote:I now see why Bluiett and Macura picked Xavier. They will both be starters next year. If Christon doesn't come back Xavier has very little returning. Mack should thank the heavens and the alignment of the stars for tis recruiting class. I cannot see them competing against Jones, Dunham, Chrabacz, Brown, Woods, Castro, Barlow , Martin, Berry and Wideman next year.

Sumner is crushing it early on too!
TheHall

Postby bmorex » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:44 pm

Insane Dawg wrote:I now see why Bluiett and Macura picked Xavier. They will both be starters next year. If Christon doesn't come back Xavier has very little returning. Mack should thank the heavens and the alignment of the stars for tis recruiting class. I cannot see them competing against Jones, Dunham, Chrabacz, Brown, Woods, Castro, Barlow , Martin, Berry and Wideman next year.

This is just incorrect. Sounds like a really salty Butler fan.
bmorex

Postby XUFan09 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:42 pm

Remy Abell, Myles Davis, Brandon Randolph, and Justin Martin might have something to say about that.

Also, Xavier doesn't have much returning? Add Dee Davis and Kamall Richards to the guards and wings listed above. In the post, Xavier also has Stainbrook, Farr, and Reynolds coming back. Of all these guy, one will have to transfer to make room, but that is a good problem to have. Next year's team might actually be better than this year's team, so it's too bad Christon likely won't be there to add to it.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

PreviousNext

Return to Big East Recruiting