2015 G Nick Noskowiak to Marquette

Big East hoops recruiting home

Re: 2015 G Nick Noskowiak to Marquette

Postby marquette » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:45 pm

TheHall wrote:Marquette's 2014-15 recruiting classes

More or less. Nobody has been released yet. We are still optimistic that once Wojo has a chance to talk to them, they will come around. Malek Harris is gone, but nobody is upset about that. Kid was suspended his entire senior year of highschool, for reasons that don't need to be discussed on a public board. The administration wasn't likely going to let him come here anyway.

In other news, Buzz has already cut/encouraged to leave 2 players at VT. Here's hoping our recruits are watching that.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby admin » Thu May 01, 2014 7:01 pm

Noskowiak re-committed to Marquette tonight.
admin
Site Admin

Postby TheHall » Fri May 23, 2014 7:32 am

I got to watch a couple of Noskowiak's games this past weekend. His AAU team Playground Elite (WI) played in the Nike EYBL in Virginia against some of the top competition in the country. He had a solid tourny in 4 games (2 games/day) he scored 3, 27, 23 & 19. The 3 pt game (1st game of wknd) was just a bad game for the entire team, he shot 1-11 (1-8 3FG) & they lost 64-45 in a game where Noah Dickerson (Hoyas) went for 22 & 13. But in the other 3 games he shot 50% FG & 42% 3FG. From the 2 games I saw (small sample) I wouldn't call him a lights out shooter but a good & crafty scorer. One game really stood out, it was against Oakland Soldiers which boasts ESPN's 2015 #1 & #4 players, 6'11 Ivan Rabb (Hoya Recruit) & 7'0 Steven Zimmerman. Playground elite won a great game & Nick went for 19 & .

In the games Nick didn't really play PG (6 assists in 4 gms) even though he brought the ball up a lot but not when teams pressed. So it appears he is trying to develope his PG skills for the next level. His defense was practically non existent so it is what is is- a small sample & AAU ball so I can't really say. He does need to get much stronger though. One game he matched up against Uconn commit Prince Ali, physically it wasn't even close. He is very athletic though, fast and springy. He had a few breakaways where even though he didn't dunk it he laid it in right at the height of the rim. At the end of the day Noskowiak looked like a legit 4* recruit just wondering at 6'3 what position he will play PG or SG, my guess is combo guard but he still has a 2 summers & a senior year to develop before getting to the BEast. The EYBL circuit moves to Minnesota this weekend. If he has another good weekend I would expect him to move up in the rankings from the buzz he created in Hampton.

Btw I got to see Noskowiak's teammate 4* C Henry Ellenson, a MU recruiting priority for 2015. Point blank MU has got to get this guy. He's the best player on the team and he took it to Oakland's NBA front court with 24 pts & 12 rebs (both game highs) in that big win. He is big, strong & very, very skilled. I wonder what MU fans know about him & MU's chances. Package deal???
Last edited by TheHall on Fri May 23, 2014 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheHall

Postby Omaha1 » Fri May 23, 2014 7:39 am

TheHall wrote:Btw I got to see Noskowiak's teammate 4* C Henry Ellenson, a MU recruiting priority for 2015. Point blank MU has got to get this guy. He's the best player on the team and he took it to Oakland's NBA front court with 24 pts & 12 rebs (both game highs) in that big win. He is big, strong & very, very skilled. I wonder what MU fans know about him & MU's chances. Package deal???

Creighton has been in with him for a long time too. Recent offers from Duke and UCLA though.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby TheHall » Fri May 23, 2014 7:45 am

Omaha1 wrote:
TheHall wrote:Btw I got to see Noskowiak's teammate 4* C Henry Ellenson, a MU recruiting priority for 2015. Point blank MU has got to get this guy. He's the best player on the team and he took it to Oakland's NBA front court with 24 pts & 12 rebs (both game highs) in that big win. He is big, strong & very, very skilled. I wonder what MU fans know about him & MU's chances. Package deal???

Creighton has been in with him for a long time too. Recent offers from Duke and UCLA though.

He would compliment those bouncy SF's you guys are bringing in this season. The BEast needs to get this guy. Reminded me of a MItch McGary type, while Nick reminded me of shorter Staukis.
TheHall

Postby marquette » Fri May 23, 2014 10:20 am

It is difficult to get a beat on which guys Wojo is most interested in. Our former coach recruited Ellenson, but was much more focused on Diamond Stone. We are interested in either/both, but so are the big boys. Ellenson picked up a UNC offer today.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby yaboynyp » Fri May 23, 2014 12:19 pm

Ellenson’s getting borderline 5 star love.. Going to be a tough pull, Gtown sniffed around early, one of the first schools to offer, but he wasn’t interested...
yaboynyp

Postby TheHall » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:05 pm

marquette wrote:It is difficult to get a beat on which guys Wojo is most interested in. Our former coach recruited Ellenson, but was much more focused on Diamond Stone. We are interested in either/both, but so are the big boys. Ellenson picked up a UNC offer today.

From Zags it seems Noskowiak is doing his part:

Noskowiak is now focused on helping recruit more talent to join him at Marquette. His biggest priority? Four-star power forward Henry Ellenson, who is also being recruited by Duke, UCLA, North Carolina, Michigan State, Iowa State and others. “I’m helping recruit others,” he said. “Obviously, I’d love to play with Big Henry. I give them their space, though. I don’t try to push it upon them, but I let Henry know every day that I’d like to play with him.”

With or without Henry, Noskowiak is excited for the future ahead. “I’m looking forward to it,” he said. “Marquette fans should be excited.”

http://zagsblog.com/marquette/noskowiak-recruiting-ellenson-to-marquette/
TheHall

Previous

Return to Big East Recruiting