Rysheed Jordan - St. John's commit

Big East hoops recruiting home

Postby James » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:01 am

Commits to St John's. This kid is special - really excited to see him light it up in the Big East. Feeling pretty confident for next year with Jordan on board especially if Harrison straightens his head!
We are New York's team. We are St. John's.
James

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Rysheed Jordan

Postby admin » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:03 am

James wrote:Commits to St John's. This kid is special - really excited to see him light it up in the Big East. Feeling pretty confident for next year with Jordan on board especially if Harrison straightens his head!

For a brief period I had a separate "recruiting" forum within the board, but it wasn't being used so I removed it. Should I resurrect it? I would personally love to know about the recruits for each school, but I don't want to clutter the board. If people committed to posting recruiting info, I'd open it back up.
admin
Site Admin

Postby yorost » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:06 am

You could just sticky a recruiting thread for the time being. If that ever gets active then put the board back.
yorost

Postby James » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:10 am

admin wrote:
James wrote:Commits to St John's. This kid is special - really excited to see him light it up in the Big East. Feeling pretty confident for next year with Jordan on board especially if Harrison straightens his head!

For a brief period I had a separate "recruiting" forum within the board, but it wasn't being used so I removed it. Should I resurrect it? I would personally love to know about the recruits for each school, but I don't want to clutter the board. If people committed to posting recruiting info, I'd open it back up.

I think a sticky would be great. I thought Jordan was worth a thread as he's a legitimate talent and probably moves us from decent/middle of the road team to a contender in the Big East.
James

Postby dmac80 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:11 pm

James wrote:
admin wrote:

I think a sticky would be great. I thought Jordan was worth a thread as he's a legitimate talent and probably moves us from decent/middle of the road team to a contender in the Big East.

a huge win for SJU, you guys should be very good next year. Over on one of the PC boards they're talking about the pickup and talking about how SJU has been a touch competitor for recruits.
Let's Go FRIARS!
dmac80

Re: Rysheed Jordan - St. John's commit

Postby DumpsterFireA10 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:16 pm

Very nice get for the Red Storm. Another good program that needs their old name back.
Big East Basketball is what it's always been. Great competition nightly.
If the Atlantic 10 didn't suck, why is everyone looking for the exits?
There is a reason why the A-10 left a team in the Central Time Zone...SLU, your move.
DumpsterFireA10

Postby admin » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:55 pm

#22 in ESPN top 100
admin
Site Admin

Postby jkc_dawgs » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:17 pm

As there is no recruiting thread I'm just going to post this in here: http://www.maxpreps.com/m/article.aspx? ... ccda584e64

Butler walk-on (Volovic-Carmel) for next season was named honorable mention for the HS All American Team

Kid went unnoticed until this season. Butler got a steal.
"I'm not coming out" -Rotnei Clarke

Go Dawgs
jkc_dawgs

Postby redmen9194 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:19 pm

With this pick up, the Johnnies should be a solid NCAA team and should find their way in to the Top 25 once play begins.
redmen9194

Postby James » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:34 pm

Anyone who’s interested on who’s going where. This is the ESPN 100 recruits who will be playing in the Big East. An impressive haul, Marquette have done a heck of a job by the look of it.

22 Rysheed Jordan (5 star, 91) St John’s
26 JaJaun Johnson (4, 89) Marquette
49 Deonte Burton (4, 88) Marquette
55 Duane Wilson (4, 87) Marquette
56 Brandon Austin (4, 87) Providence
59 Kris Jenkins (4, 86) Villanova
63 Reggie Cameron (4, 86) Georgetown
89 Brandon Randolph (4, 82) Xavier
90 Billy Garrett Jr. (4, 82) DePaul
91 Josh Hart (4, 82) Villanova

I tallied each conference by recruits and it makes for good reading for Big East fans. We stack up reasonably well against the other conferences considering numbers of teams.

SEC: 20
ACC :17
B1G: 14
Big 12: 11
Big East: 10
AAC: 9
PAC 12: 8
A10: 3
MWC: 2
WCC: 2
CUSA: 1
BWC:1

99 commits, just Wiggins to declare.
James

Next

Return to Big East Recruiting