Predicted order of finish for Volleyball

The home for Big East Womens Athletics

Re: Predicted order of finish for Volleyball

Postby Sactowndog » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:37 pm

Jet915 wrote:
Omaha1 wrote:Really excited to see Creighton start so well. This area has been dominated by Nebraska volleyball for a long time and the Huskers are a national power, but Creighton has a new arena and it's developing a fan base so the future looks great here.

Plus, no seniors this year, we will be good for awhile.

I think LT Creighton will be hurt by conference play unless:

1) we invite Wichita State and VCU and split into east and west. This would keep Creighton's RPI up and help them in tournament seedings. Currently the eastern teams are losing to Patriot league teams. Playing home and home with multiple 250+ RPI teams is killer.

2) the big east develops some sort of web broadcasting strategy for minor sports. It will hurt getting players if they are on conference networks in other leagues and only available via StatTracker in the Big East. It tends to restrict your recruiting to local players and Nebraska isn't that big.
Sactowndog

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Omaha1 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:42 pm

Sactowndog wrote:
Jet915 wrote:
Omaha1 wrote:Really excited to see Creighton start so well. This area has been dominated by Nebraska volleyball for a long time and the Huskers are a national power, but Creighton has a new arena and it's developing a fan base so the future looks great here.

Plus, no seniors this year, we will be good for awhile.

1) we invite Wichita State and VCU and split into east and west. This would keep Creighton's RPI up and help them in tournament seedings. Currently the eastern teams are losing to Patriot league teams. Playing home and home with multiple 250+ RPI teams is killer.

2) the big east develops some sort of web broadcasting strategy for minor sports. It will hurt getting players if they are on conference networks in other leagues and only available via StatTracker in the Big East. It tends to restrict your recruiting to local players and Nebraska isn't that big.

Wichita State is the academic opposite of everything in the Big East. I see zero chance of this happening.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby Sactowndog » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:22 pm

Omaha1 wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

Wichita State is the academic opposite of everything in the Big East. I see zero chance of this happening.

Maybe I won't reargue that point. But the Patriot league and the Ivy League has good academics and right now volleyball wise most of the conference appears to be in the same league. St. Louis at 179 isn't going to help. Richmond doesn't even sponsor the sport. Of the academically acceptable Catholic schools only Dayton would help the conference RPI.

Creighton Volleyball can't survive playing in the equivalent of the Patriot League or Ivy League and being a 1 bid conference.
Sactowndog

Postby marquette » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:37 pm

Sactowndog wrote:Maybe I won't reargue that point. But the Patriot league and the Ivy League has good academics and right now volleyball wise most of the conference appears to be in the same league. St. Louis at 179 isn't going to help. Richmond doesn't even sponsor the sport. Of the academically acceptable Catholic schools only Dayton would help the conference RPI.

Creighton Volleyball can't survive playing in the equivalent of the Patriot League or Ivy League and being a 1 bid conference.

Volleyball is not an acceptable reason to add a school. I would like very much for the Big East to have the best teams in every sport, but we have to be realistic. Besides, adding 1 good team won't turn the conference into a powerhouse.

Congrats to Creighton for doing so well this year.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby Jet915 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:57 pm

Creighton up to #19 in the latest volleyball poll.
Jet915

Postby Sactowndog » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:12 pm

Jet915 wrote:Creighton up to #19 in the latest volleyball poll.

Congrats you all well deserved with your weekend.
Sactowndog

Postby BillEsq » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:28 am

Sactowndog wrote:
Omaha1 wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

Maybe I won't reargue that point. But the Patriot league and the Ivy League has good academics and right now volleyball wise most of the conference appears to be in the same league. St. Louis at 179 isn't going to help. Richmond doesn't even sponsor the sport. Of the academically acceptable Catholic schools only Dayton would help the conference RPI.

1. I agree completely you do not add schools based on volleyball (or any other non rev) if that was the case SLU and its Soccer program would have long been added Soccer at least makes some money.

2. Of all the potential expansion teams Dayton would be a good add SLU is getting better but is still a few years away.

3. The BE needs to do something to get air time to the non-revs. 3 games a week on a fox station... something... anything... oh hell what do i know.

4. Creighton's volleyball program will be fine. no reason to add teams just for this issue.
BillEsq

Postby Sactowndog » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:06 pm

marquette wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:Maybe I won't reargue that point. But the Patriot league and the Ivy League has good academics and right now volleyball wise most of the conference appears to be in the same league. St. Louis at 179 isn't going to help. Richmond doesn't even sponsor the sport. Of the academically acceptable Catholic schools only Dayton would help the conference RPI.

Volleyball is not an acceptable reason to add a school. I would like very much for the Big East to have the best teams in every sport, but we have to be realistic. Besides, adding 1 good team won't turn the conference into a powerhouse.

Congrats to Creighton for doing so well this year.

Butler goes to 4-0 with all teams no worse than 125 RPI last year. However they lose their captain and senior MB to a torn MCL. She had the second highest points per game and will be sorely missed in many ways. We shall see how we do against Arizona. (Walking wounded)
Sactowndog

Postby Jet915 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:43 pm

#19 Creighton beats Northern Colorado 3-0. Two big games tomorrow against USF and Cal.

Jet915

Postby marquette » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:17 pm

Nice job guys!
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

PreviousNext

Return to Big East Women's Athletics