The Dayton Thread...

Re: The Dayton Thread...

Postby paulxu » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:26 am

I don't think it's working.
...he went up late, and I was already up there.
paulxu

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby _lh » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:07 am

billyjack wrote:The idea was for Fieldhouse Flyer to upload his Wikipedia posts into this one thread, rather than having him dump stuff into multiple threads. This way we can avoid reading his posts altogether as long as we don't click on this thread.

I think it is a great idea but the mods need to make sure they move over his nonsense when he posts it else where or starts a new thread. Banning him is probably best as multiple other boards have.
Xavier
_lh

Postby xusandy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:06 pm

DudeAnon,
Thanks for the post of the XU-Dayton game video from 2015 -- the last time the 2 schools played each other. Though this one was a blowout for XU, it did remind me of what a great rivalry XU-DU was over MANY years, and I agree with Dickie V's opinion on the broadcast that these 2 schools really should play each other every year. Regardless of whether or not the Flyers ever get into the Big East (my gut says "no way"), we really should continue this rivalry. BTW, I'm also a big supporter of the MMVC (Mythical Miami Valley Championship -- kinda like the Big 5 in Philly), where XU, UC, Miami, NKU, Dayton, and Wright State all play each other in a round robin or in a special "local" D1 tournament each year. This idea has not been much discussed in recent years, but it ought to be.
xusandy

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:16 pm

Here's another thought: Merge the recruiting board with the "basketball" board and call it a "basketball" board. Then create a "realignment, tv ratings, homogenity and other topics" board.

That way the pretend basketball coaches could have their own board, and the pretend university presidents, pretend ADs, pretend conference commissioners and pretend TV moguls could have their own?
Wizard of Westroads

Postby BEXU » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:50 pm

xusandy wrote:DudeAnon,
Thanks for the post of the XU-Dayton game video from 2015 -- the last time the 2 schools played each other. Though this one was a blowout for XU, it did remind me of what a great rivalry XU-DU was over MANY years, and I agree with Dickie V's opinion on the broadcast that these 2 schools really should play each other every year. Regardless of whether or not the Flyers ever get into the Big East (my gut says "no way"), we really should continue this rivalry. BTW, I'm also a big supporter of the MMVC (Mythical Miami Valley Championship -- kinda like the Big 5 in Philly), where XU, UC, Miami, NKU, Dayton, and Wright State all play each other in a round robin or in a special "local" D1 tournament each year. This idea has not been much discussed in recent years, but it ought to be.

Wouldn't even be a fair fight the next couple of years. Archie left the cupboard bare. Muddy is trying out for PG @ UD.
BEXU

Postby FDS » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:07 pm

Wizard of Westroads wrote:Here's another thought: Merge the recruiting board with the "basketball" board and call it a "basketball" board. Then create a "realignment, tv ratings, homogenity and other topics" board.

That way the pretend basketball coaches could have their own board, and the pretend university presidents, pretend ADs, pretend conference commissioners and pretend TV moguls could have their own?

This.
FDS

Postby BEXU » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:33 pm

Yes, we can call it the "Off topic NON-BIG EAST Related Gibberish and Garbage thread for non Big East member posters and sympathizers" :D
BEXU

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Thu May 11, 2017 9:32 am

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/local/exclusive-arena-renovation-blueprints-show-major-changes-ahead/ubP29gwrAgoWjV2fSUHFMI/?ecmp=daytondaily_social_twitter_2014_sfp

Dayton is giving UD Arena a $12.5 million upgrade that will feature new premiere seating, larger concourse, a new team store, a new four-sided video board, renovated locker rooms, new wi-fi and additional restrooms.

Regardless of how some feel on here about Dayton, they are investing in their program and clearly wanting to get to the next level.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby Fieldhouse Flyer » Thu May 11, 2017 10:15 am

Thanks, GoldenWarrior11.

MAJOR RENOVATION TO UD ARENA WILL BENEFIT FAN EXPERIENCE – University of Dayton – May 11, 2017 - 10:10 AM
DAYTON – The University of Dayton is embarking on a $72 million renovation of its arena. The transformation of University of Dayton Arena will occur in three phases – from 2017 to 2019.

The environmentally conscious project has been approved by the University's Board of Trustees and will be privately funded through philanthropy, corporate sponsorships, external private and business partnerships, ticket revenue and general university support. Gifts from lead donors are enabling the construction to begin now while fundraising continues.

"This is not just a renovation; it's a transformational project," said UD Vice President/Director of Athletics Neil Sullivan. "UD Arena will turn 50 years old in 2019. For it to serve the community and as the home for Flyers basketball – as well as NCAA Tournament games – for the next several decades, it requires a bold, significant upgrade."

"The soul of the arena will be maintained for all the reasons you have always enjoyed its at-home atmosphere," added Sullivan. "Yet at the same time it will feel like a new arena when construction ends in the fall of 2019."

This critically important project will result in a state-of-the-art facility. The end results of the renovation will greatly enhance the fan and student-athlete experiences and dramatically improve the infrastructure while maintaining the current seating capacity.

Transform UD Arena – University of Dayton Website

Atlantic 10 Men’s Basketball Homepage – Atlantic 10 Conference

Courtesy: Associated Press
Fieldhouse Flyer

Postby BEXU » Thu May 11, 2017 7:24 pm

Glad to see they are upgrading the dewatering pumps to get rid of the stench:

http://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/news/ ... rt-to.html
BEXU

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic