Banners on the Parkway

Re: Banners on the Parkway

Postby gosports1 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:23 pm

Jet915 wrote:
xu1990 wrote:Take Banners with a grain of salt...its just a few guys who are out to make a name.

I personally yelled so loud when I saw the inbounds play breaking open that I scared my dog into jumping three feet in the air. Not the prettiest of games for PC but showed toughness for sure. Take the W every time.

I did the same thing, my wife came into my man cave and told me to be quiet :lol: .

How DARE she! Didn't she realize it was big win for PC?
gosports1

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:11 pm

gosports1 wrote:
Jet915 wrote:
xu1990 wrote:Take Banners with a grain of salt...its just a few guys who are out to make a name.

I personally yelled so loud when I saw the inbounds play breaking open that I scared my dog into jumping three feet in the air. Not the prettiest of games for PC but showed toughness for sure. Take the W every time.

I did the same thing, my wife came into my man cave and told me to be quiet :lol: .

How DARE she! Didn't she realize it was big win for PC?

Her reponse would be, what is Providence?
Jet915

Postby trephin » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:10 pm

I have always rooted for other conference teams when they were OOC. I'm still bummed when Smart knocked down that shot against Syracuse. I think the past several years of being attacked not only by outsiders and the media but also on the internet by fellow conference mate fans merely reinforced my fandom for the conference as a whole. I want my school to win but outside of that, I really want the best for the conference and the other schools no question. I love that FS1 has allowed me to watch as many conference games as I can even if I am not impressed with the rest of its offerings. It helps that I was a X and CU fan when they were not in conference but I loved everything about this conference from back in the day and that hasn't changed. Except for hating Georgetown maybe a little less.
trephin

Postby XUFan09 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:19 am

Yeah, the Banners guys are jackasses. They'll make fun of Xavier players too, and it's not always lighthearted poking fun of someone in your own group. It's frustrating that right now there is no other blog representation for Xavier.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby gofriars08 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:47 am

Banners seems like they like to write/tweet stuff that gets mentions, stir the pot, etc. They're pretty much the only Big East-related outlet that doesn't seem to want to root for leaguemates.

Personally, I am rooting for all the teams from the Big East in the postseason. Of course, that's easier when St. John's is at home right now :)
gofriars08

Postby ChelseaFriar » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:44 pm

scoscox wrote:
ChelseaFriar wrote:Ripped Dunn a few times over the season (in a belittling manner) on the site.

Went after Cooley and then PC fans last night on Twitter. Admitted on Twitter he sees no value in caring if other BE teams win in NCAA.

Douche bag.

I'd say you're paying too much attention to a Xavier blog. Congrats on the win.

I'd say you're wrong, I follow PC blogs and twitter handles that retweet his nonsense. Not a big deal, but no reason I can't state my opinion that he is an immature jackass. Not that he cares, but he's pretty much despised on the PC board community now (no other blogger that I know of is disliked on the board like he is).

But thanks for the congrats - you too.

And to all those commenting, I definitely do not negatively view other Xavier fans due to his douchebaggery.
ChelseaFriar

Previous

Return to Off Topic