Banners on the Parkway

Banners on the Parkway

Postby ChelseaFriar » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:29 am

Did a PC graduate sleep with this guy's mother or girlfriend?

Dude is a complete A-Hole when it comes to PC. Relentless about it too. Almost seems personal, which is why I'm wondering if a Friar stuck it to his mommy and broke up his family.
ChelseaFriar

Banners on the Parkway

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Banners on the Parkway

Postby ivet » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:39 am

...gonna need a little more context
ivet

Postby scoscox » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:49 am

What? Providence is hardly mentioned and they were very congratulatory to them after the victory last night. You must be really searching for this hate.
scoscox

Postby ChelseaFriar » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:58 am

Ripped Dunn a few times over the season (in a belittling manner) on the site.

Went after Cooley and then PC fans last night on Twitter. Admitted on Twitter he sees no value in caring if other BE teams win in NCAA.

Douche bag.
ChelseaFriar

Postby xavierfano8 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:06 am

Like I mentioned in some thread a few weeks ago, not a big fan of Banners. Please don't let them be the voice for all Xavier fans.

Basically they questioned on twitter if Cooley was a good coach (when PC was losing). Then they proceeded to get into it a bit with PC fans saying they didn't care if PC lost, calling them chokers, etc. So of course they started sucking up and posting a bunch of congrats after the fact.

I love the Big East and root for every team outside of Big East play obviously. Literally jumped up and let out a yell when they laid in that game winner. Really think both Butler and PC can give the 1 seeds a game. How awesome would that be for the conference to knock off the top 2 ACC teams!!?
Xavier University '12
xavierfano8

Postby xu1990 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:12 am

Take Banners with a grain of salt...its just a few guys who are out to make a name.

I personally yelled so loud when I saw the inbounds play breaking open that I scared my dog into jumping three feet in the air. Not the prettiest of games for PC but showed toughness for sure. Take the W every time.
xu1990

Postby scoscox » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:17 am

ChelseaFriar wrote:Ripped Dunn a few times over the season (in a belittling manner) on the site.

Went after Cooley and then PC fans last night on Twitter. Admitted on Twitter he sees no value in caring if other BE teams win in NCAA.

Douche bag.

I'd say you're paying too much attention to a Xavier blog. Congrats on the win.
scoscox

Postby Jet915 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:41 am

xu1990 wrote:Take Banners with a grain of salt...its just a few guys who are out to make a name.

I personally yelled so loud when I saw the inbounds play breaking open that I scared my dog into jumping three feet in the air. Not the prettiest of games for PC but showed toughness for sure. Take the W every time.

I did the same thing, my wife came into my man cave and told me to be quiet :lol: .
Jet915

Postby jaxalum » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:19 pm

ChelseaFriar wrote:Did a PC graduate sleep with this guy's mother or girlfriend?

Dude is a complete A-Hole when it comes to PC. Relentless about it too. Almost seems personal, which is why I'm wondering if a Friar stuck it to his mommy and broke up his family.

I'm pretty sure 99.9999999999999% of X fans are extremely vested in the the success of every team in this league. Iv'e said this before, but in the A-10 I never watched the other teams OOC games, rarely watched other conference games, and at best, "monitored" our conference mates games in the Tournament. Hell, I experienced various levels of happiness when certain teams lost.

100% different in the Big East. I try to catch as many OOC games as I have the time to, all the conference games, and I'm hardcore into it. My Thursday and Friday this week has been specifically worked out so I can catch EVERY Big East teams games. I felt the clinical level depression creeping in as the Hall and Providence games were looking bleak. The Providence ending solicited a scream of "F%ck Yeah!!!" being shouted continuously for waaaaay to long. Everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong with Seton Hall. i.e. Playing an underseeded Gonzaga team (Zags were top ten early) who was playing their best ball of the year.

Receiving that invite to this conference was what X had been working for 20 plus years. Rivalries are definitely starting to develop, as the the tone during conference play has become chipper, and sh*i talking has increased, butt for the OOC and the Tourney, your team is my team and vice versa.

After what your team achieved last night Chelsea Friar (first win since 96), If I were in your shoes, there's a real chance that I would still be severely inebriated. Good luck Saturday.
Xavier
jaxalum

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:54 pm

My BE hate list is forming up nicely over the last 3 years...continuing to cheer for all this season in the post season. Personally, my Non Conference and Postseason cheering will cease after this season ends. Time to crank up the venom - fulltime. ;)

My Top 2 have not changed - Villanova, followed by the good folks (pr__ks) in Foggy Bottom - Hoya H_nging Saxaphonists.
the following teams however, are interchangible in order: lucky-_ss Providence, Bulter, and Rutgers Jr. (Seton Hall).

Neutral: St Johns.
Family: DePaul, Marquette, and Xavier: squabbles but no hate.

Not actively watching games, but keeping an eye peeled on the sports sites for BE news. Looking good thus far 3-1 in the Dance, 1-0 in the NIT.
Go Big East!
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Next

Return to Off Topic