CFP Got it Right

CFP Got it Right

Postby HoosierPal » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:28 am

Great football games last night. I shed no tears seeing Oregon destroy FSU. Then the Big Ten taking down the vaunted SEC in the nightcap - how sweet! This format certainly looks like a winner. Four teams is enough. Looking forward to next weekend for the OSU v OU game.
HoosierPal

CFP Got it Right

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: CFP Got it Right

Postby HoosierPal » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:50 am

Great Championship Game last night, great four team tourney. In the BCS era, Alabama would have played Florida State for the National Championship, and Ohio State likely played Oregon in the Rose Bowl. There were not eight teams worthy of playing for the national title. Six maybe, but not eight. Keep it right where it is. Being a Midwesterner, I am glad to see the Big Ten re-establish itself as THE primer football league.

I did not see the numbers but the radio report today was that the game was the highest viewed ESPN program ever. Wow. The next comment from the radio announcer was that even though the tourney was a huge success, the first two playoff games will be played next season on New Year's Eve, which historically is a horrible night. Why, because the Big Ten, Pac 12, SEC and Big 12 have long term contracts to have the Sugar and Rose Bowls on TV on New Year's Day. Shows you the power of the P5.
HoosierPal

Return to Off Topic