World Series Game 7...

World Series Game 7...

Postby billyjack » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:15 pm

Baseball is my favorite sport, and college basketball is second.

Part of why I like baseball is how things can happen that you've never seen before. Last night's game was amazing. Bumgarner has some stones. The 9th inning Gordon "triple" was insane... crazy when Perez bobbled the ball at the wall. Would love to have seen Gordon try for the inside the park HR, but he was gassed.

Great fans in Kansas City... as a kid, the Royals were a perennial playoff team, and glad to see them back in the spotlight. And congrats to the Giants.
Providence
billyjack

World Series Game 7...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: World Series Game 7...

Postby admin » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:29 pm

That game was great. In restrospect, think everyone wishes Gordon had been given the go ahead for home. I've seen statistical breakdowns saying he should vs should not have tried. Nate Silver says the numbers say you send him. I'll go with that.
admin
Site Admin

Re: World Series Game 7...

Postby billyjack » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:20 am

admin wrote:That game was great. In restrospect, think everyone wishes Gordon had been given the go ahead for home. I've seen statistical breakdowns saying he should vs should not have tried. Nate Silver says the numbers say you send him. I'll go with that.

Also, a shout out to Joe Panik, alum of St John's...! Great work on that double play.
Providence
billyjack

Return to Off Topic