without comment....

without comment....

Postby UD FAN » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:37 pm

http://xaviernewswire.com/2014/09/11/gr ... shortfall/

Really don't understand why this continues to happen?
UD FAN

without comment....

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: without comment....

Postby R to the OB » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:23 pm

Relevance?
This should be moved to OT.
R to the OB

Postby robinreed » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:32 pm

I do not have a good answer for this problem. I was unaware of a reduction of student enrollment from the Cincy area. This is especially surprising as the enrollment in Catholic high schools in the Cincinnati area has continued to increase. These have always been considered to be feeder schools to XU.

I do not agree that "the most important thing we can do is to continue talking". A major problem which students in all private colleges face is the increase in the cost of education. I do not see this as a problem which will diminish or go away for any BE school with the possible exception of Georgetown.
robinreed

Postby Omaha1 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:17 pm

robinreed wrote:I do not have a good answer for this problem. I was unaware of a reduction of student enrollment from the Cincy area. This is especially surprising as the enrollment in Catholic high schools in the Cincinnati area has continued to increase. These have always been considered to be feeder schools to XU.

I do not agree that "the most important thing we can do is to continue talking". A major problem which students in all private colleges face is the increase in the cost of education. I do not see this as a problem which will diminish or go away for any BE school with the possible exception of Georgetown.

Creighton enrolled their largest freshman class in university history this year. Attracting students is not a problem for us as far as I can tell.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby Boyee » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:27 am

DePaul University's enrollment dropped by 2% last year and 1% the year before to get down to a 24,414 enrollment after only a few years ago being over a 25,000 enrollment. It made them have to delay building their new Music Center for the DePaul School of Music until at least January 2015 at the earliest possible, McGaw Hall would have to be demolished to build the Music Center which will be attached to the current School of Music building which will become Music North and the former McClure Chapel of the McCormick Theological Seminary, now the Concert Hall will be reprogrammed & renovated to become an Operatic Rehearsal Hall and will also be connected to the Music Center. DePaul's conservatory style School of Music is 102 years old.
Last edited by Boyee on Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boyee, DePaul University Alumnus
Boyee

Postby Xudash » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:12 am

UD FAN wrote:http://xaviernewswire.com/2014/09/11/graham-announces-budget-shortfall/

Really don't understand why this continues to happen?

Don't trouble yourself over it too much:

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2014/03/05/xavier-to-launch-18m-rehab-this-summer.html

"Financing for the project comes from annual operating cash flows without incurring any new debt." - http://www.xavier.edu/news/18-million-renovation-of-Alter-Hall-Xaviers-primary-classroom-building-begins-in-May.cfm?grp_id=1

And in other development news:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/developingnow/2014/01/21/university-station-office-space-fully-leased-student-units-not-far-behind/5362963/

As Father Graham mentioned in the Xavier Newswire article, higher education on campuses across the country is facing new challenges. He's simply being transparent about it. Enrollment numbers combined with retention to support budget targets.

What is not so hard to understand is why a jealous UD fan would come to this board for the purpose of taking a shot at Xavier. Little Brother is stuck in Dayton, will always be stuck in Dayton, and will continue to cry over the fact that it's insignificant basketball program is stuck where it should - and will - remain.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby JOPO » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:46 pm

Omaha1 wrote:
robinreed wrote:I do not have a good answer for this problem. I was unaware of a reduction of student enrollment from the Cincy area. This is especially surprising as the enrollment in Catholic high schools in the Cincinnati area has continued to increase. These have always been considered to be feeder schools to XU.

Creighton enrolled their largest freshman class in university history this year. Attracting students is not a problem for us as far as I can tell.

Same thing at Seton Hall. We continue to increase our enrollment, SAT/ACT scores continue to go up as has our selectivity.
As always, this is Just One Pirate's Opinion!
JOPO

Return to Off Topic