"Cosmos" with Neil deGrasse Tyson on Fox...

Postby billyjack » Thu May 08, 2014 10:34 pm

Great series on Fox, Sunday nights at 9pm. Neil deGrasse Tyson presents the history of the universe, the Solar System, Earth, evolution, microbes, atoms, diseases, adaptation, place tectonics, a lot of history, science and scientists, misunderstood visionaries that were criticized in their times, and so forth... discussed the fight to remove lead from gasoline in great detail and the forces that resisted that... amazing stuff. Amazing also that it's on Rupert Murdoch's network.

My 11-year old loves it too. I definitely recommend it to everyone. There have already been around 6 or 8 episodes, each an hour long, and there are still 4 more to go... also, Seth MacFarlane worked with Tyson to put it together. Based on Carl Sagan's "Cosmos" of 40 years ago. Tyson actually met Sagan when he was deciding to go to Cornell back in the 70's.
Providence
billyjack

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: "Cosmos" with Neil deGrasse Tyson on Fox...

Postby admin » Fri May 09, 2014 6:53 am

Thanks. Always looking for interesting shows. My 11 year old started watching Mystery at the Museum (or something like that) on Travel Channel and really enjoys it.
admin
Site Admin

Re: "Cosmos" with Neil deGrasse Tyson on Fox...

Postby TBC Alum » Fri May 09, 2014 1:09 pm

you two must be much better at that parenting thing than I. Mine always gravitated toward Mystery Science Theater 3000.
CU clap clap CU
TBC Alum

Return to Off Topic