OT: AAC Fans Beyond Delusional

Re: OT: AAC Fans Beyond Delusional

Postby Boyee » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:52 pm

With 4 weeks left in the College Football season, The American has 4 schools who could legitimately win the conference left: Central Florida 3-1 in conference, 5-3 overall Cincinnati 3-1 in conference, 5-3 overall, East Carolina 3-1 in conference, 6-2 overall, and Memphis 4-1 in conference, 6-3 overall. Memphis has played one more conference game than the other 3 candidate schools in The American. The East Carolina at Cincinnati game will knock one of these two schools out of contention for The American Football Championship. The only candidate teams for the Group of Five College Football Playoff spot are The American Football Champion, who at best will be a 2 loss school. The Mountain West Football Champion at best 1-loss Colorado State, and Undefeated Conference USA member Marshall (though their schedule has no ranked schools or Power Five conference schools on it), unlike, the schedules of The American and Mountain West contenders for the CFP spot.
Boyee, DePaul University Alumnus
Boyee

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Boyee » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:21 pm

Actually, the highest ranked Group of Five school (The American, C-USA, Mid-American, Mountain West, and Sun Belt) will be invited to the Fiesta Bowl or Cotton Bowl Classic or Peach Bowl every year in the College Football Playoff. So if The American Football Champion is the highest ranked Group of Five school, they could possibly be invited to the Fiesta Bowl, but it could also be the Peach Bowl or Cotton Bowl Classic.
Boyee

Postby Boyee » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:50 pm

Any chance of Marshall getting the Group of Five spot in the College Football Playoff likely ended today as they lost in overtime to Western Kentucky.
Boyee

Postby TheBasketballOpinion » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:08 pm

Just wanted to come in here and say HAHAHAHAHAHAH

There is not a single conference about to get screwed over more than the AAC.
Georgetown
TheBasketballOpinion

Postby Boyee » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:26 am

The American members Connecticut and Temple were never in Conference USA. All other members of The American were at some point. Both DePaul and Marquette of the Big East were formerly in Conference USA.
Boyee

Postby R Jay » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:28 pm

“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby Hall2012 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:45 pm

Rough day for the AAC. Both Cincinnati and UConn picked up bad losses (to ECU and Houston, respectively). To put this conference in perspective, it's best team, Tulsa at 9-0 in conference play, lost to DII school in December regular season game. That and their best non-conference win was over Creighton. Going strictly on RPI it was over Incarnate Word, but I'd definitely take the Jays over the Cardinals. Hell, I'd take the Jays in a rematch with Tulsa- no questions asked.

This is looking like a 3 bid league at best- and that's assuming an upset tournament winner. Only Temple and SMU seem to have any sort of at-large hopes, and they both have some major resume flaws as well.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby Boyee » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:50 pm

There are currently only 4 original Big East Conference members remaining in The American (University of Cincinnati, University of Connecticut, Temple University, and South Florida). The remaining 7 full members were all from Conference USA.
Boyee

Previous

Return to Off Topic