OT: AAC Fans Beyond Delusional

Re: OT: AAC Fans Beyond Delusional

Postby TheHall » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:04 pm

Jet915 wrote:Creighton was very high on him so hopefully we can get back in with him. Majority of 247 had him going to Creighton before he picked SMU.

I'm guessing EM's decommitment led to this?
TheHall

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:03 pm

TheHall wrote:
Jet915 wrote:Creighton was very high on him so hopefully we can get back in with him. Majority of 247 had him going to Creighton before he picked SMU.

Not sure, he blew up at the Lebron James Camp so I have a feeling some "blue bloods" probably got in his ear and showed interest and that is why he decommitted.
Jet915

Postby TheHall » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:37 pm

Jet915 wrote:
TheHall wrote:

Not sure, he blew up at the Lebron James Camp so I have a feeling some "blue bloods" probably got in his ear and showed interest and that is why he decommitted.

Muliday was approached by all the bluebloods too, but you would know better than me about this situation. It's hard to picture someone backing out on LB after committing unless they're leaving for a paycheck.
TheHall

Postby Chalmers0 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:59 am

What would Mudiay have anything to do with it? He never would have played with him at SMU anyway as he was a for sure 1 and done.

Like previously said, I'm guessing it's because he has absolutely exploded over the last few weeks.
Chalmers0

Postby TheHall » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:14 am

Chalmers0 wrote:What would Mudiay have anything to do with it? He never would have played with him at SMU anyway as he was a for sure 1 and done.

Like previously said, I'm guessing it's because he has absolutely exploded over the last few weeks.

Like Marcus Smart right...jk good point. But my point is committing to SMU has more to do w/a recruit deciding to play for a Hall of Fame coach that can get them to the NBA than w/a non-blueblood school. Just saying I would be terrified if I was an SMU fan right now b/c my formula for success seems to have the same weakness as a school like Houston or any other no-blueblood even w/LB.
TheHall

Postby stever20 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:59 am

I know reading about it that SMU has a logjam of guys at that position(just got a transfer from VT actually) at same position. That may have had something to do with it.
stever20

Postby Vill » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:45 am

Jet915 wrote:
Matt McQuaid, a top tier shooter in 2015, is reopening his recruitment and backing off his commitment to SMU, per his coach Wes Grandstaff....Matt McQuaid had committed to SMU in the late spring. 6-5 with a terrific shot. Had huge performance at LeBron.

https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/status/490973643711590402

Creighton was very high on him so hopefully we can get back in with him. Majority of 247 had him going to Creighton before he picked SMU.

Creighton needs more shooters? I'm still having nightmares from the last group of Bluejay marksmen.
Vill

Postby Jet915 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:10 am

Yes, we do! We need to live up to the mantra "Shooter U." We definitely need to reload though losing 3 guys who were >40% from 3 point range although hopefully in the future, we won't be so dependent on the 3 as we were the last few years. Next year might be rough from a shooting perspective.
Jet915

Postby Boyee » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:58 pm

Of the 11 AAC schools on week one,
Temple won (beat SEC Vanderbilt)
Tulsa won (beat fellow American member Tulane)
East Carolina won (vs. FCS school North Carolina Central University)
Memphis won (beat FCS school Austin Peay State University)
South Florida won (beat FCS school Western Carolina University)
Tulane lost (to fellow American member Tulsa)
Connecticut lost (to independent BYU)
Central Florida lost (to Big Ten member Penn State)
Houston lost (to C-USA member UTSA)
Southern Methodist lost (to Big 12 member Baylor and didn't even score a point)
Cincinnati has not played yet.
Boyee, DePaul University Alumnus
Boyee

Postby TBC Alum » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:20 pm

CU clap clap CU
TBC Alum

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic