OT: AAC Fans Beyond Delusional

The American Fans Beyond Delusional

Postby Boyee » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:19 pm

Next season The American will have 12 football teams, 9 that have been in C-USA (Central Florida, Cincinnati, East Carolina, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, Southern Methodist, Tulane, and Tulsa) and 3 that have not (Connecticut, Temple and the U.S. Naval Academy).
Boyee, DePaul University Alumnus
Boyee

The American Fans Beyond Delusional

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: The American Fans Beyond Delusional

Postby HoosierPal » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:42 am

Boyee wrote:Next season The American will have 12 football teams, 9 that have been in C-USA (Central Florida, Cincinnati, East Carolina, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, Southern Methodist, Tulane, and Tulsa) and 3 that have not (Connecticut, Temple and the U.S. Naval Academy).

The Naval Academy joins in 2015. That will be a significant event for the American Conference. Navy doesn't play a high level of football, but they have a large national following and draw in viewers. And that's what it is all about. The Army-Navy football game itself is typically in the top 10 for TV ratings.
HoosierPal

Re: OT: AAC Fans Beyond Delusional

Postby stever20 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:40 pm

HoosierPal wrote:
Boyee wrote:Next season The American will have 12 football teams, 9 that have been in C-USA (Central Florida, Cincinnati, East Carolina, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, Southern Methodist, Tulane, and Tulsa) and 3 that have not (Connecticut, Temple and the U.S. Naval Academy).

The Naval Academy joins in 2015. That will be a significant event for the American Conference. Navy doesn't play a high level of football, but they have a large national following and draw in viewers. And that's what it is all about. The Army-Navy football game itself is typically in the top 10 for TV ratings.

Navy actually better in football than one would think- 10 of the last 11 years they've won at least 8 games. Not many schools can say that- among those who can't- FSU, Alabama, Oregon. Their 92 wins in that period is bettered by only 21 schools.
stever20

Postby stever20 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:50 pm

to expand on Navy- the 11 years before this 11 year run, Navy was only 40-82, #96 out of 119 teams in that stretch in terms of # of wins. And some of those 119 teams didn't even play in the entire stretch. From 1981 to 2002, Navy had exactly 1 8 win season- and 6 years of 2 or fewer wins....

So, the Navy back then was what you are saying. They aren't that now- they are actually pretty good. Credit Paul Johnson for his style of play that has helped Navy out quite a bit recently. AAC is getting a fairly good football team in Navy, and in a great location for the conference.
stever20

Postby Boyee » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:58 pm

Connecticut, Navy (Football Only as of 2015), and Temple are in The American and have never been members of Conference USA. Connecticut was a founding member of the original Big East. Temple was a full member of the Atlantic 10 and a former football only affiliate member of the Mid-American Conference (MAC) and Navy was independent for football and in the Patriot League for all other sports.
Boyee, DePaul University Alumnus
Boyee

Postby robinreed » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:12 pm

Guys,
This is the BE message board not the AAC board. The ACC has an excellent board which I expect both of you contribute to with regularity. It is better that your comments are posted there.

I do understand that the unfortunate name of this thread may draw some AAC fans. I took my MA from Cincy and so I occasionally go to that board although I have never posted there. However as an XU grad and BE fan I would ask that you concentrate on your own board. I am not the internet police and do not pretend to be but I think you will agree that conversations about the AAC belong on the AAC board not here. In my opinion this entire thread was misguided from the jump. Looking over the early posts I believe it was an unfortunate attempt by some here to denigrate AAC fans and diminish the excellence of their first season. We in the BE are also proud of the accomplishment of our first season. Perhaps I am in error but I do not believe that many of our fans have gone to your board to post.

Please be aware that I believe the AAC is perhaps the best college football conference outside of the Big 5. I respect your league in football and all sports but we of the BE have our own excellent conference and I believe most of us have a somewhat limited interest in other conferences.

Thank You
Last edited by robinreed on Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robinreed

Postby Hoopfan » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:24 am

Getting on Stever for his post is pointless as it was a BE fan who started this thread. I know steer argues the opposite points of most people here but that doesn't make him a fan of the AAC. not everyone is going to agree on everything and well, he disagrees about a lot. But calling him out and telling him to go to another board and he (or anyone) can't post about AAC here is crazy. Dont start a thread about AAC, A10, Dayton, etc and then not expect people from those organizations to come and discuss them to the point nobody cares anymore
Hoopfan

Postby TheHall » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:53 pm

Hoopfan wrote:Getting on Stever for his post is pointless as it was a BE fan who started this thread. I know steer argues the opposite points of most people here but that doesn't make him a fan of the AAC. not everyone is going to agree on everything and well, he disagrees about a lot. But calling him out and telling him to go to another board and he (or anyone) can't post about AAC here is crazy. Dont start a thread about AAC, A10, Dayton, etc and then not expect people from those organizations to come and discuss them to the point nobody cares anymore

What an understatement. Stever has posted at a rate 50x your post count. A guy who posts as much as Stever does has a huge effect on a board. If your next 2000 post were about defending Stever or ragging on the BE it would be a problem for most here too. Also it's not about threads it's about the fact that this is a BE Board. It's like going to a board about vegan living that's dominated by someone defending to the beef industry. There are plenty of other boards where that's all good but why a vegan board and why lie and call yourself a vegan just to post so much bullsh!t.
Last edited by TheHall on Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheHall

Postby TheHall » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:56 pm

Dew wrote:Bad news for AAC, SMU and Brown:

@GoodmanESPN: SMU signee Emmanuel Mudiay is likely heading overseas due to amateurism issues, sources told ESPN. Staff was informed last night.

Just got worse for LB, SMU & the AAC per Evan Daniels:

Matt McQuaid, a top tier shooter in 2015, is reopening his recruitment and backing off his commitment to SMU, per his coach Wes Grandstaff....Matt McQuaid had committed to SMU in the late spring. 6-5 with a terrific shot. Had huge performance at LeBron.

https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/status/490973643711590402
TheHall

Postby Jet915 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:42 pm

TheHall wrote:
Dew wrote:Bad news for AAC, SMU and Brown:

@GoodmanESPN: SMU signee Emmanuel Mudiay is likely heading overseas due to amateurism issues, sources told ESPN. Staff was informed last night.

Just got worse for LB, SMU & the AAC per Evan Daniels:

Matt McQuaid, a top tier shooter in 2015, is reopening his recruitment and backing off his commitment to SMU, per his coach Wes Grandstaff....Matt McQuaid had committed to SMU in the late spring. 6-5 with a terrific shot. Had huge performance at LeBron.

https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/status/490973643711590402

Creighton was very high on him so hopefully we can get back in with him. Majority of 247 had him going to Creighton before he picked SMU.
Jet915

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic