OT: AAC Fans Beyond Delusional

Postby NJRedman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:03 pm

Okay, so my new gig has a LOT of downtime. I have found myself snooping around some of the various message boards. It has come as no shock that the AAC fans are crazy, but what really got me was just HOW crazy they are. It's another level of nuttiness, especially the ECU fans! You would think we slept with their wives, shot their dogs and stole their pick ups and on the way out the door pissed on their Dale Earnhardt commemorative plates. They DESPISE us with every fiber of their being and want us to fail so badly.

Then you have all the folks who are riding UConn's national title like their horrible athletic program won something.

They basically think we are a joke, overrated, on the decline and wish nothing but the worst for us. Oh and they think they are the actual continuation of the Big East and we are the pretenders. Just blew my mind the amount of hatred and ill will they have towards us. Really really unhealthy and scary. hahaha Thank god we left those other boards! It seems to go unpunished most places too.
NJRedman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: OT: AAC Fans Beyond Delusional

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:51 pm

As with any divorce, there will always be animosity between the ex-husband and the ex-wife. Who gets the money (Big East), who gets the name (Big East), who gets the house (MSG - Big East).

But, let me tell ya: the AAC board is one delusional ex-wife!

:lol:
GoldenWarrior11

Postby NJRedman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:02 pm

GoldenWarrior11 wrote:As with any divorce, there will always be animosity between the ex-husband and the ex-wife. Who gets the money (Big East), who gets the name (Big East), who gets the house (MSG - Big East).

But, let me tell ya: the AAC board is one delusional ex-wife!

:lol:

They really truly believe that because UCF won the Fiesta Bowl (A Game a AAC champ will NEVER be invited to again) and that UConn won the National Title in BBall (A School BEGGING to get out of that conference) that they are now some superduper awesome conference that is on the same level as the P5. They really think that they will be getting this great coverage during FB season and that since we wont be mentioned (we never were to begin with) we'll wither and die! They seem to forget that ESPN cares very little about them and their amount of "exposure" on ESPN will be very limited if any at all. They will play their games on ESPN2/U/News and occasionally on ESPN prime so that must mean they are big time now! hahaha So crazy!
NJRedman

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:06 pm

In all seriousness, to look at examples of how bi-polar and delusional some of the AAC fans are, look at the topic when it was announced the C7 were splitting from the conference and getting the name, a better TV deal AND MSG. Some of their most well-known posters were in full freak out mode, questioning Aresco, their Presidents, their ADs, all wanting to jump off the sinking Titanic. There was serious fighting and trolling among themselves.

Now, look at today. All of them are preaching and praising Louisville and UCONN for saving the conference and promoting #AmericanRising. Fact of the matter is this: 7 current AAC schools (UCF, USF, Louisville, Cincinnati, Houston, SMU, Memphis) and 3 future AAC schools (East Carolina, Tulane and Tulsa) were members of Conference USA. The American Athletic Conference is the same conference as C-USA - same colors, same branding, same schools. You can't put lip stick on a pig.

The AAC will CONTINUE to be the launching pad conference for the P5. Realignment appears to have settled for the immediate future, but once the balloon expands again, UCONN and Cincinnati will be the first go (whether it's the BIG, or ACC). Maybe the BIG XII wants SMU and Houston, or they go into Florida for UCF and USF. Who wants to be in such an unstable conference?

The Big East (with like-minded schools with an emphasis on basketball) is secure for the first time in HISTORY. No one will be poaching any of our teams. We are as secure as the PAC-12, BIG, and the SEC. Could we add on? Possibly. But no one is snatching any of us.

WE, not the AAC, are in the best financial, competitive and market situation possible. Let them celebrate the success of two of their schools (one of whom is leaving for the ACC in a matter of weeks).
GoldenWarrior11

Postby gosports1 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:21 pm

what i find intersting is that its mostly from the same schools (and not the more successful ones, not even in their old conference)
gosports1

Postby Jet915 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:33 pm

gosports1 wrote:what i find intersting is that its mostly from the same schools (and not the more successful ones, not even in their old conference)

That's mainly because the fans of the successful ones (UCONN and Cincy) want to leave the conference.
Jet915

Postby GreatDaneAttorney » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:58 pm

What I don't understand is the amount of hate. The divorce helped both conferences form new identities and was a response to Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville, West Virginia, Rutgers, Notre Dame, and TCU leaving. But why would ECU fans hate the New Big East? Shouldn't they just be glad they got a chance in what might be the 6th best conference going forward with a chance, if they run the table on their schedule, of securing a playoff spot? I might add, in the C-USA, they likely would have never had that opportunity!

I just don't understand why they want the Big East to fail. My hunch is that it's a bunch of entitled, young fans who think their programs are all going to skyrocket, but college athletics just doesn't work that way. There's an established pecking order that few ever shake up. As a Creighton fan, I don't expect Creighton to be a perennial Top 25 team. The odds are just not in their favor. But I'll still support the team in the post-McDermott era, because I know they'll still always play Top 100 basketball against a ton of Top 100 teams every year, always with a chance at going dancing, with that little sliver of a chance of going all the way. A lot of these AAC fans, I think, will quickly turn against the AAC the second it slips up. Lord knows what the meltdown would look like on their board if they only sent two teams to the dance or if a MAC team is picked for the at-large G5 access bowl slot.
GreatDaneAttorney

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:28 pm

Can't wait for the Stever20 post telling us how wrong we all are.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby NJRedman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:31 pm

They actually think ESPN is going to just give them more money because they have had some on the field/court success. For real! Like ESPN is just going to HAND OVER MORE MONEY! hahaha
NJRedman

Postby Demon22 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:45 pm

Is it possible that they're a little bit dillusional, AND they're a little bit right?

Because that's kinda where I am at the moment.
Demon22

Next

Return to Off Topic