Logging in

Re: ** UPDATE ** Welcome to the new Holy Land of Hoops

Postby bmorex » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:54 am

X-man wrote:I am not automatically logged in each time I visit this board even though I tell it to log me in automatically. Is anyone else having this problem? If so, is there something wrong with the new board's setup?

I think everyone is having this issue. It may seem petty, but it is a pain in the ass that I have to login every time.
bmorex

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Logging in

Postby JohnT » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:48 pm

I always start at the page where the stories are and then link to the message board that way. I have to log in each time but it takes on average about two seconds to do that so I won't complain.
JohnT

Postby MUSeashells&Balloons » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:49 pm

I think you need to have the suffix /index.php at the end for it to automatically log you in. so the full url index.php will auto log you in if you don't do the full one Im logged out as soon as i add it I'm logged in.
Coach Al Mcguire:
"I like seashells and balloons, ribbons and medals, bare feet and wet grass."
"When I'm losing, they call me nuts. When I'm winning, they call me eccentric."
"Queen of victory, pray for us."
MUSeashells&Balloons

Postby admin » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:53 pm

I posted this elsewhere but will add it again:

The board is set to keep persons logged in for 24 hours. If you access it somewhat frequently you shouldn't need to continually log in. My phone has been logged in for months now without ever logging me off. However, I did notice that when I access the board through the link on the new home page it usually requires me to login - I guess maybe it just doesn't bother me to do that very much as it only takes a moment.
admin
Site Admin

Postby dmac80 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:26 am

Every time I access the board I have to login, even if I just close the page for 5 minutes and come back.
Let's Go FRIARS!
dmac80

Postby NJRedman » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:42 pm

X-man wrote:I am not automatically logged in each time I visit this board even though I tell it to log me in automatically. Is anyone else having this problem? If so, is there something wrong with the new board's setup?

I have the same issue and was wondering if there was some sort of trick I had to do. I click the remember me box every single time.
NJRedman

Postby Jet915 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:58 am

dmac80 wrote:Every time I access the board I have to login, even if I just close the page for 5 minutes and come back.

Same here....
Jet915

Previous

Return to Off Topic