Shaka is smart

Shaka is smart

Postby Bill Marsh » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:31 pm

I recently stumbled across the Fact that Shaka Smart graduated magna cum laude with a degree in History from Kenyon College, an elite liberal arts college. He then went on to get his masters in social sciences from California University of Pennsylvania. Not your typical jock athlete with an undergrad degree in PE and a grad degree in sports management.

Shaka's wife holds degrees from Harvard and Northwestern. Shaka seems like one smart dude and he seems to hang around with other smart people if his wife is any example of the people he associates with.
Bill Marsh

Shaka is smart

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Shaka is smart

Postby tsmithoiho12 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:30 pm

Bill you are correct. Part of the smarts came from his stint as an assistant coach at the University of Dayton. Read up on how Shaka credits his time at the the largest private research university in Ohio in shaping his world/basketball viewpoint.
tsmithoiho12

Postby tsmithoiho12 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:36 pm

Also read how Shaka credits Anthony Grant (former University of Dayton player, current Alabama coach and also former the former VCU head coach that hired Shaka), his head coach at VCU.
tsmithoiho12

Postby marquette » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:06 am

Yes sir, and a Wisconsin boy too. Seems like a good guy if loyalty, hard work and intelligence are qualities you value.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Return to Off Topic